National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this was covered while I was off the board the last few months but if so, humor me and give feedback.

I, like so many others, grabbed a LCP when they first hit at $290. The fit and finish is better than the KelTec but otherwise overall not much better.
My LCP has the longest and most inconsistent trigger pull of anything I have in the safe.
Has any one else encountered this? Also the recoil will stretch the webbing between thumb and trigger finger. I'm only fired it with Federal "low recoil" 90 gr Personal Defense.
Accuracy is good for a belly gun.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
It's a refined KT is about all you can say. It a last chance weapon or a card table gun as I call them. Triggers are not much to brag about on either one.:smilewinkgrin:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I would not want to have a gunfight with anyone with my Kel-tec. Its a self defense weapon only not something you would have a running fight with in a 7-11!

The trigger is long and heavy and will pull the gun off target if you are not carefull. I think 5-7 yards is about all you can really hope for to be accurate.

A mall shootout gun its not! Run like the wind!:biggrin5:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
It is merely the latest incarnation of the "doctor gun". EENT. Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat. If you have the muzzle pressed against one of those it will work just fine.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I see the recent issue of "Combat Handguns" did a shooting test on the little Ruger and made nice groups at 10 meters.

But at 50 feet they were able to keep most of the shots in the torso region, so thats some good shootin.

In contrast my Sig232 in 380 cal will print a very nice group at 50 feet if you take your time and concentrate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts