National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a pocket gun.
I have looked at the P3AT but too many have had problems it seems.
Does anyone have a firmed up release date on the Ruger LCP?
Better yet, has anyone seen one at the shows?

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Well they are out in different parts of the contry. Here's a kicker. A guy bought one on another forum and his recipt said Kel-Tec/Ruger on it. I think there's something going on behind the secense that we don't know about. If you put the two pistols side by side the Ruger is just a dressed up model of the KT/3AT. I guess that's why they cost about $60 more. ;) :?: :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am understanding now, after a few phone calls, that it's due out in mid March according to Ruger.
The retail is $333 on the gun.
I have found nobody that owns one yet, but I suppose anything is possible.

G

·
Sounds like my son's Australian Pontiac GTO and my daughters Canadian Jeep. Hard to know what you get these days. I'll just keep the Kel Tec I got unless the Ruger walks on water. :?:

·
Registered
283 Posts
keninaz said:
I have heard the Ruger is almost a direct copy of the P3AT.
I've heard, but have not been able to confirm, that George Kellgren either was not able to, or failed to patent the P3AT. --Shenine--

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Here's a KT-3AT.

Here's a new Ruger-LCP.

All cosmetic, is the difference. I know for a fact that Kel-Tec shut down two of their production lines and put them to making the 3AT's. I live right up the road from their factory and know a few guys who work there. :)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Some of you other P3-AT guys correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just the 1st generation pistols that had the extractor problems? My info was that they no longer have serious issues. I know mine shoots great, but I've only put a box or so through it. So I guess I'm not sure what Ken is talking about.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
The 1st generation were a pain but the 2nd had all the problems fixed. The 2nd generation has been on the market for over a year so they should be OK now. ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found out that dealers have some 89,000 orders now on the books for the yet to be released LCP.
I wanted a couple of guns now and decided not to wait.
I bought a couple of the Kel-Tec P3ATs today for the wife and I.
Under $300 each and at just over 11 Oz loaded makes them hard to beat.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3at.html

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I must apologize to you Mr.Keninaz. I gave you some bad info :oops: . The gentleman had a receipt that said Kel-Tec/Ruger as he paid for the gun in advance. He does not have it yet and you are right they will not be out till mid March. It's my old age I think they call it dementia. Sorry. :oops:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Yup!

(That's 11.3 oz. loaded with seven rounds of 95 gr. Winchester SXT ready to bark like a big dawg!)

Izzz dat your Sharpie or are you just HAPPY TO SEE ME?!

Hey, I like my .40 S&W and .45 ACP, but this can't be beat for putting in the pocket of your sexy cargo shorts in 95 degree heat and walking around like you ain't got a care...

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Those little Kel-tecs are sooooooooooooooo....................cute!

I have the first generation P3AT and carry it daily. It shoots just fine! Also have the 32 and like it too. I may be in the market for the new 9 mm model but I want them to get all the bugs worked out of it first.

Gunrnr said that he experienced some issues with one of the first models that he shot, I believe. Jump in Gunrnr if you read this post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts