National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've shot a few AR-15's, but I'll soon be owning my first one. I ordered a Ruger AR-556 MPR (Model 8514) a couple weeks ago and I'm waiting on shipment. I got ammo and some iron sights for it. Now just patiently waiting for the rifle to arrive :crazy:.

· Aim true !
14,187 Posts
I'll give you a tip on ammo. If you have a round that don't go off. Reinsert it and it probably will fire. I find discarded ar ammo. And it goes off when i try it in my bolt action rifle. The rounds i find usually have a light primer dent from the pin.

· Premium Member
9,954 Posts
Shipping and background checks are nuts right now. I ordered 2 SKS’s and it took from 3/20 to 4/7 to get them from N.C. to NJ. The background check took 3 days. Instant!

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shipping and background checks are nuts right now. I ordered 2 SKS’s and it took from 3/20 to 4/7 to get them from N.C. to NJ. The background check took 3 days. Instant!
I ordered mine on 3/25 from Sportsman Outdoors. Got a decent deal at $619 + tax (free shipping). The price has went back up since then. I figured it will ship out next week.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The FFL dealer I chose was out of town for a week and they couldn't get ahold of him for shipment. So I picked a different one and they won't be accepting and shipments until May 1st, so I'm gonna wait and have it shipped there. I'm waiting on my scope and mount to come anyways. When I finally get the rifle, I'll be able to put it all together.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally got my rifle, but I guess it decided to tease me one last time before I got it. I got the notification that it got delivered, plus the wife called for me while I was at work and they verified it was there and it was only a 10 minute wait time for the background check. After I got off, we went there to pick it up and guess what happened? Someone else ordered a 556 also and it had arrived. They picked it up, but the salesman gave him my gun instead of the one he ordered. You would think he would have noticed it wasn't the Smith and Wesson M&P 556 that he had shipped there. Luckily they got ahold of him on the phone and he brought it back in about 30 minutes...and he hadn't got it out and shot it yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.