National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally bought one of these. Been wanting one for a long time and went to my LGS today to pick up some stuff and i made the mistake of looking at it. I think i said in another post that my next gun might be a Ruger....I'll add it to my permit this week and pick it up by Friday which means i might have to go shoot on Saturday.

Brown Photograph Wood Textile Metal

·
Super Moderator
15,265 Posts
That’s one of them fancy dancy ones! Mines just plain Jane variety. I like mine, you’ll like yours too!

Alan

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I had a Mark II. it was the hardest pistol to take apart that I ever owned.
That was an issue with all the Ruger .22 pistols from the Standard model which came out in 1949 through the Mark 3. They redesigned the pistol with the Mark 4 series and this is no longer an issue with the Ruger .22 pistols. There was a technique to taking them apart and reassembling them and they were a PITA in that regard.
Those are nice grips on your 22/45 Square Target. A friend of mine bought an earlier series 22/45 that had fake grip panels molded into the frame. He hated those so much that he milled them off the frame and replaced them with a set of double diamond grips for a 1911.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
So i finally bought one of these. Been wanting one for a long time and went to my LGS today to pick up some stuff and i made the mistake of looking at it. I think i said in another post that my next gun might be a Ruger....I'll add it to my permit this week and pick it up by Friday which means i might have to go shoot on Saturday.

View attachment 129472
Nice and I really like the grips on yours. I have the Mark III version.
I had a Mark II. it was the hardest pistol to take apart that I ever owned. Finally sold it. It was a great gun but too hard to clean.
They can be tricky to put back together to say the least. I found that if you hold the pistol upside down (and pulling the trigger) while putting the disconnect (dingle berry) back in it was so much easier. Or you can buy this kit and it will make it simple-

·
Premium Member
8,147 Posts
Wait you’re supposed to clean it??? I’ve had mine for 20 years and I think I’ve cleaned it maybe 5 times. It functioned just fine but I just thought it should be done so I cleaned it. It’s not all that bad. Just a PIA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts