National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking to buy my first AR. I'd like something in the $700 and $1000 price range and am hoping for a rifle that is already a complete package. Adding iron-sights first and a scope later. After learning to use iron sights at basic, I plan on acquiring those first.

I'm looking at free-floating barrels, .223, and some mods. I could do the upgrade work myself but to be honest, I am a little lazy. The models I've researched so far include the Springfield Saint, Smith & Wesson PSX, M&P 15, M&P 15T, M&P Sport II, ATI Mil-Sport and the STAG Arms 15. My gun broker turned me on to Rock River Arms and I am very interested in their ATH Carbine or Operator III.

What experiences or advice can anyone share with me on Rock River Arms in general? Does anyone here have experience with the two Rock River Arms models I'm interested in? This purchase is mostly for target shooting, farm shooting, fun and maybe a little hunting.

I've attached the Rock River Arms wed-page link for each model for reference.
1. ATH
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index...onid=47102C140711262F38D5CA5B2096CBAD.cfusion.

2. Operator III
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index...onid=47102C140711262F38D5CA5B2096CBAD.cfusion

Thank you ahead of time for any and all advice

·
Super Moderator
5,788 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,404 Posts
I think he meant, "four" hundred dollars.

He's right, too. I keep seeing complete AR's in stores for $500. Good, quality Rugers, etc.

--Wag--

·
Super Moderator
5,788 Posts
ooops yep type to fast and ran out of the house. Yes, my fault, the "our" was to be "Four". What I meant by it was what Wag mentioned. You can get better for the price range you want. Don't let the gun store guys sell you something less quality for they have to push it or have it in stock or for one thing or another. SW, Ruger, BCM, Stag, CMMG, Bushmaster, and even Colt to name a few would be better. Look around take your time. If you get an entry level BCM or Daniels Defense least you have a very good starting point to work on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts