National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
RCBS is a good brand, I've got an old Partner single stage which was my first press and one of their Summit presses as well. Probably not as high quality as a Redding setup and Dillion is in a league of its own. Nonetheless I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
17,342 Posts
You're kids will be using it long after you're gone. I have one from my dad that I know he had prior to 1982.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My Rock Chucker I bought in I think 1967 or 1968. Still use it. It has the old, old bicycle grip on it. It has loaded many rounds of 308, 270, and 30-06 for decades. Plus other long cartridges. Used to use it years ago to resize 308 or 30-06 down to 270. Been a long time since I did that though. Forget which case I used to do this. But this thing has never ever failed to perform.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I'm on my second Rock Chucker. I was told It would last a lifetime when I overextended myself to buy my first one in the early eighties. I wanted to get the Junior or stay with my tongs. I was glad I got it though. Life being what it is I lost it due to unfortunate circumstances not by breaking it or wearing it out.

When it was time to get another to get things cranked up again there was no hesitation to dance with the one that brought me. I got another Rock Chucker it's only about 15 years old but works like it was new. It doesn't get much use these days though. My green turret took over as my number one. At my advanced age I don't see it wearing out before I do. A beast indeed.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I did some 556 crimp swagging today on it. Works nice. When i get some more 30.06 casings. Im looking forward to how it does with sizing them.
I used to have issues with resizing 30-06 cases and discovered the Hornady resize spray was crap. I switched to Imperial Bio-green for the cases and Imperial Dry Neck lube and havn't looked back.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Rock Chucker Bullet Swager
This made me think of Corbin the bullet swagging people I was looking into way back when. Looked them up and it looks like they're still in business.

Funny how I heard about them in the shotgun news days before Al Gore invented the internet or was aware that the world would end due to global warming. But haven't heard anything about them lately in the information age. They may be a mere shell of a company they once were I don't know.

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 19 of 19 Posts