National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly this guy will probably lose his job as Fex Ex has a no weapons policy.......But he is alive, the other guy not so much.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A robbery suspect is dead after a shootout with a FedEx driver on Tuesday night in Philadelphia.

It happened around 7:10 p.m. in front of a home on the 600 block of Unruh Ave. near Bingham St. in the city's Lawndale section.

Investigators said someone robbed the FedEx driver at gunpoint after he delivered a package to the home.

The driver was shot in the stomach near the front entrance, but also had a gun and returned fire and shot the suspect, according to police.

The driver then drove to the nearby ACME grocery store for help where he was able to tell police what happened.

Claudia Griggs said she was heading into the store as the FedEx driver arrived.

"He pulled up real fast and got out and said something to the cop. He said he was shot," said Griggs.

The driver was transported to an area hospital where he's expected to survive, police said.

"Police did recover the firearm from the FedEx driver and he is completely cooperating with police," said Chief Inspector Scott Small of the Philadelphia Police Department.

Police were called to a third scene about a man with gunshot wounds in an alleyway along the 1400 block of Creston Street.

That 27-year-old man later died.

Police believe he's the person who robbed the FedEx driver and said they found items from the robbery on the man who died.

Investigators then found a car not far from that location in the 1500 block of Large Street with blood inside.

Police said homicide detectives took someone in for questioning who was near the car and is believed to either be involved or a possible witness, according to investigators.

A FedEx spokesperson released the following statement:

"We are aware of the incident in Philadelphia this evening. The safety of our team members and service providers is a top priority, and we are cooperating fully with the investigating authorities at this time."

The company hasn't responded to questions concerning policy for carrying guns on the job.

Anyone with any information is asked to call police at 215-686-TIPS.

https://6abc.com/fedex-driver-fatally-shoots-robbery-suspect-in-philadelphia/5763803/

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Aim true !
10,340 Posts
This time of the year is bad for robberies of parcel drivers. And for packages left at the homes. I try to greet my driver and take my package from him personally. Lets him stay safe in the truck and move on faster. And i sure to get my order.

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
13,726 Posts
This time of year is the time to load up. Aside from the theft, there are a lot of people in this country now that hate Christmas, and New Years most everyone is drunk. I've been carrying my P380 with one mag, easy to conceal and it's a nice shooter. But I only have 8 rounds of .380 to play with, But for this holiday season, I'm back to my G2C with 2 mags, holiday cheer! I'll stick with the G2C, it's not much bigger or heavier than the P380 anyway.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Thank God the diver will survive. Good shooting !! Everybody, and their neighbor has a sign out front of their business "NOW HIRING". He can tell FedEx to kiss his ass, he is alive. After he sues FedEx for placing him in danger without proper safety coverage. The world is rid of another Ghetto Lottery player. AMF !
FedEx's only concern is the fear they will get sued. In all honesty they probability the will get sued. So what? That company has a legion of ambulance chasers waiting to bill FedEx big bucks to arrange a Ghetto Lottery settlement.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,347 Posts
IMHO, if FedEx fires the driver for carrying, every FedEx driver should walk off the job. No job is worth risking your life, and for a company to ask it's employees to do so without the benefit of defense is unconscionable.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
"if FedEx fires the driver for carrying, every FedEx driver should walk off the job"

Agreed! But, unfortunately, if won't happens, first because the regular left leaning media will either not disseminate this news so others employees will never find out what happens, or FedEx will twist the news to make it look like the driver was negligent, plus a lot of these drivers can not afford to loose their jobs since they live paycheck to paycheck.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This time of the year is bad for robberies of parcel drivers. And for packages left at the homes. I try to greet my driver and take my package from him personally. Lets him stay safe in the truck and move on faster. And i sure to get my order.

Remember back in the day when you could order stuff COD? I know UPS drivers would collect thousands per day on their routes, now all you're going to get is their wallet and phone.and if they are like me they carry little or no cash when working.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I am lucky that where I live, we do not worry about Porch Pirates and robbing UPS/USPS/Fedex drivers..............theirs is a thankless job between Thanksgiving and Christmas; I have had deliveries at my previous house as pate as 11:30PM

Reactions: Square target

·
Registered
662 Posts
...and, cue the dead assailant's slobbering female relative, gushing about how he was just, THAT VERY DAY, starting to turn his life around, in 5, 4, 3, 2...

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
IMHO, if FedEx fires the driver for carrying, every FedEx driver should walk off the job. No job is worth risking your life, and for a company to ask it's employees to do so without the benefit of defense is unconscionable.
The ambulance chasers are a big part of the problem. Note I did not say defend FedEx from a civil suit. It is easier, and cheaper to negotiate a settlement, than go to court on the wrongful death law suit. The fact the companies anti gun policy pretty much gets them out of the liability chain. A $2,000,000. negotiated settlement is about one second of profit for a company like FedEx. The problem is this makes it profitable for the druggie families to dump one or more of their late late term abortions in the Ghetto Lottery game. All mommy, and her sperm donor if they can identify/ find him have to do is cry real pretty for the news camera. Then cash the check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts