National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have been lucky when it comes to gun purchases , to being in the right place at the right time ?
I was today :)

this is what i got

i happen to click on a local buy/sell/trade forum this morning while waiting for a phone call , this guy wanted to sale a Ruger 77/17HMR with Leupold VX 1 4x14, just like new maybe 1/2 box thru it $425

Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag , 10 1/2" again just like new asking price $370

Yugoslavia model 59/56 with matching numbers for $160

also included was a soft case for the 44 , 1 1/2 boxes of 44mag , 1 box 357mag , 1 1/2 boxes of .17HMR and 1 box of 7.62x39 , told the guy i might buy all 3 , he said if i did I could have everything for $800 , i said Sold :)

very happy with them but have too admit its a little hard on the savings acc.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hawk said:
how many of you have been lucky when it comes to gun purchases , to being in the right place at the right time ?
I was today :)

this is what i got

i happen to click on a local buy/sell/trade forum this morning while waiting for a phone call , this guy wanted to sale a Ruger 77/17HMR with Leupold VX 1 4x14, just like new maybe 1/2 box thru it $425

Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag , 10 1/2" again just like new asking price $370

Yugoslavia model 59/56 with matching numbers for $160

also included was a soft case for the 44 , 1 1/2 boxes of 44mag , 1 box 357mag , 1 1/2 boxes of .17HMR and 1 box of 7.62x39 , told the guy i might buy all 3 , he said if i did I could have everything for $800 , i said Sold :)

very happy with them but have too admit its a little hard on the savings acc.
Oh heck son, it's only money. ;) Think about it, your wife would only spent it on silly stuff, like shoes for the kids, or mabe school clothes, you know. ;) ;) No really, looks like you fell into the lucky bin. Want your money back??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :--- :---

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you lucky dawg :) great find, I will be expecting range reports soon.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Good buy - congratulations on being there. As one person told me, "you make your own luck!"

·
Banned
818 Posts
That Yugo SKS makes me drool. :D Lets hope someday 7.62x39mm ammo prices will go back down to what they used to be.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it would be nice to see ammo price go down , but i don't think that will be happening for awhile

since i haven't had a sks for a long time where would you find ammo for it at a decent price ?
thanks

·
Banned
818 Posts
Hard to say. I don't own an SKS, but rather a Romanian AK-47 and of course they take the same cartridge. I used to get my ammo from Cabelas.com or Sportsmansguide.com. I used to be able to get 1,000 rounds for 80 bucks. Nowadays it's like twice as expensive. :cry:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Yes indeed! It was your lucky day! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not fair :cry:
I stumble apon a great deal once in a great while, you hit the jack pot with one swing.
Enjoy the spoils of war ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts