National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a Savage model 11 short action chambered in 308, I was recently looking into swapping out the stock, but all the stocks I’m interested in do not have my gun as an option for a swap, however they do have the Remington 700 short action as an available gun fit. My question is what is the difference between my gun and the Remington 700? If i purchase a stock that fits the Remington 700 will my gun also fit? If you could lend some knowledge I’d definitely appreciate it!

·
Registered
530 Posts
No. The Savage 11 and Remington 700 are not similar enough to be interchangeable.

There are lots of stocks available for the Savage. What are you looking for?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The Savage 11 and Remington 700 are not similar enough to be interchangeable.

There are lots of stocks available for the Savage. What are you looking for?
I’m new here so I hope I’m replying correctly. First off thank you for your response. Secondly I’m looking for a McMillan style stock although it does not have to be McMillan im just looking for a stock in the $300-$400 price range for long distance target shooting.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ok. We can help. Need a pic of the rifle. Is it heavy barrel, sporter contour, box magazine or blind, (and don't know if the 11 was ever done with a hinged floor plate?).

$300-400 is tight for a competition level fiberglass or chassis stock. You may want to consider a laminated stock such as those offered by Boyd's, for example since weight isn't a key consideration.

The Choate Tactical sticks will fit your rifle and your budget, but they are not comparab!e to MacMillan.

The Model 10 and.Model 11 are the same basic action, so stocks that fit Model 10 with 4.4" screw spacing may fit your. Model 11. The Model 11 has traditionally been the "Hunter" series with sporter contour barrels, so there will not be many long range target style stocks listed for the 11, but if we clear up the specifics of your rifle, we may find a number of stocks to suit for the Model 10 that will fit yours.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
I’m new here so I hope I’m replying correctly. First off thank you for your response. Secondly I’m looking for a McMillan style stock although it does not have to be McMillan im just looking for a stock in the $300-$400 price range for long distance target shooting.
The new McMillan MC3 stock would be in your wheel house money wise. But unfortunately it is only available for Remington 700 long/short actions.

Most fiberglass stocks are going to be above your budget.....If you were to up your price range say $500-$600 this would open up a whole new market for your Savage action.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts