National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm giving my sons new 30.06 bolt actions for their birthday. I want to get them rifle cases that will protect the scope mounted guns. I don't need anything too fancy. I'm more concerned about protecting the scopes in transit. Any suggestions or recommendations?

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
I picked up a case made by uncle mike at my local sportsmans warehouse. It is a soft case, but has very nice thick padding, which I believe would protect a scope just fine. If you have a sportsmans warehouse near you they should have it in stock.. I'm going to try to find you a link of the exact bag.

Edit: I guess it's technically made for an assault rifle, which makes sense, since that is what I got mine for, but like I said, it has very nice padding on the inside, and I think it is long enough for the average 30-06.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=178376&t=11082005

G

·
If you are willing to spend a little more money you can get yourself a Pelican case. I have two one for each of my favorite rifles and they are simply awesome.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
I have a Cabelas aluminum double gun case that works extremely well and was very reasonably priced.

G

·
I just use the gun case/bag things like the ones pictured above. You can pick them up at walmart for pretty cheap. They are good for storing the gun and protecting it. You cant lock them so if you want something that can be locked then you may have to look into one of the pelican or similar type cases.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts