National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into town today to run some errands. I saw a guy, late 60's early 70's, tooling
down the road in an old Jag. He was smiling ear to ear. His smile couldn't have been
any bigger. It made me smile looking at him, cause he looked like he was the
happiest guy on earth.

What car or truck makes you smile driving down the road?

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
I don't have it anymore, but it was a Saab Sonett III.

72saabsonett-ps.jpg

Reactions: Kobs

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
This isn't because of ego. Even for the sake of a neat gadget vehicle. Honestly....
My new BMW 320i didn't make me smile like this.
My perfectly kept 1970 Mustang fastback didn't either.
Nor my 4x4 trucks. Or my diesel truck.
I have to say I do smile with my present car. A 2014 Toyota Corolla. I'm playing around in the 40's for gas mileage (daily driving). Has an engine brake...the brakes should last a long long time. Smooth and comfortable as anyone could ask for. It is and will continue to save me money. I is a happy camper. Very happy camper.
IMG_0103_zpseqkuwo5n.jpg

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,462 Posts
Always a fan of late 60's early 70's american muscle cars.

This (66/67 Chevy II no post) being my favorite:

·
Registered
18,351 Posts
There's a lady I see a couple of times a week driving the same route in Hunting Beach in her orange, spoiler configured 1969 Pontiac GTO "Judge". She appears reasonably content.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
My 2003 SVT Cobra Mustang makes me smile every time I drive it and you know what they say "if you don't look back at your car when you get out and walk away...you bought the wrong car"...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Always a fan of late 60's early 70's american muscle cars.

This (66/67 Chevy II no post) being my favorite:
When you mentioned 'no posts' -- I had a 1957 Olds Station Wagon that didnt have posts either and it was fast too. Mine was pink with black primer - some thought it looked like an old cow.

Reactions: Scrub oak

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
It would be a very long list of classic cars. I always loved working on chevy motors but i appreciate all makes and models of cars from the 30's to the 70's. Ones that really make me smile are the ones that don't have a payment book too.

I did have one of these as my first car but it certainly didn't look like this one and had a 6 banger under the hood. Sadly i never put it on the road but did drive it a few times on the back roads....Then i started dismantling it to restore it but it was a much bigger job than i could accomplish and afford so i parted it out. My brother did have a nice 69 with a 400 so i still have a soft spot for old F bodies.
2006-04-29 11-06-20 - 1024.jpg

Reactions: Axil and Scrub oak

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
There's a lady ... 1969 Pontiac GTO "Judge". ...
Gee Steve.... You haven't seen the Batmobile in Huntington Beach? It actually looks like a Corvette with wings and such. Rather tacky. I don't know about him. But he sure makes other people smile.

I don't know why those SS's or Nova's weren't more popular. Nice light car. Good to work with on speed. Inexpensive too. I guess they just had to have their Camaro's, Chevelle SS's, and Vettes.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Gee Steve.... You haven't seen the Batmobile in Huntington Beach? It actually looks like a Corvette with wings and such. Rather tacky. I don't know about him. But he sure makes other people smile.

I don't know why those SS's or Nova's weren't more popular. Nice light car. Good to work with on speed. Inexpensive too. I guess they just had to have their Camaro's, Chevelle SS's, and Vettes.
There is more to life than Chevrolet...like a big block Ford for instance!

·
Cynical Millennial
915 Posts
My 1994 chevy corvette lt4, god i miss that car smoothest ride i ever had and every time i got in i had this big stupid grin on my face according to my ex and i would always think i cant belive its mine, and yes i wrecked it, my mom forgot her insulin when i took her out for her birthday and she passed out so i look over to check on her.....right as the jackass in the 4runner decides to cut me off and slam on the brakes with pridictable results with my being distracted.

Learned one hell of a lesson that day. 1339036586.blackfirefox_20120605_205017.jpg

1 - 20 of 633 Posts