·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Good find!

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
14,727 Posts
I just bought one recently too. Be forewarned, don't buy any flat nose bullets, ammo or bullet mold. This gun only like round nose bullets. The flat nose bullets will hit on the inside of the slide stop when you insert a mag and tip the top bullet down in the mag causing it to jam or miss feed. Other than that it's a great little gun. Unfortunately for me i have a flat nose bullet mold, had about 1,000 bullets made(which I'm currently making into other bullets). I also had a few hundred rounds loaded which i took apart and I'm currently reloading with round nose bullets. I just took the decapping pin out of the sizing die, re flaring and loading.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought one recently too. Be forewarned, don't buy any flat nose bullets, ammo or bullet mold. This gun only like round nose bullets. The flat nose bullets will hit on the inside of the slide stop when you insert a mag and tip the top bullet down in the mag causing it to jam or miss feed. Other than that it's a great little gun. Unfortunately for me i have a flat nose bullet mold, had about 1,000 bullets made(which I'm currently making into other bullets). I also had a few hundred rounds loaded which i took apart and I'm currently reloading with round nose bullets. I just took the decapping pin out of the sizing die, re flaring and loading.
With all that mess, I would have just bought a second 380 instead of ditching all you had.

·
Registered
14,727 Posts
With all that mess, I would have just bought a second 380 instead of ditching all you had.
I do have another .380 but i prefer to keep all my ammo shootable in all my guns that i have multiples in the same caliber. I hate having tailored rounds for this gun and then that gun. I only two exceptions to that rule are 45-70 which i have some hotter rounds i don't shoot in my sharps and 30-06 loads that are only for my garand. It really wasnt too bad, the biggest heart breaker is melting all the bullets i spent a lot of time casting and coating. Now the problem i have is LEE does not make a 6 cavity round nose mold and the 2 cavity mold can't be found right now unless i want to spent way too much for it. I do have some 120gr loads in my book for .380 and i cast 124gr 9mm bullets so I'm going to load up some of them and see how they work. I don't think the 4 grain bullet weight variance will make much if any difference.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I can understand the not wanting gun specific ammo. I feel the same way. Especially with hot rounds. Still burning off some of my stash so they don’t get fired from lesser guns. I still would have used what you already casted just until they were gone. That sounds like a lot of work. I don’t cast mine but I’ve seen it done. I know you have your reasons so I’m not implying otherwise.

Depending on your mold, the 9mm bullets usually have a longer profile. May not work. I tried some Berry’s once and they were too long.

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
I'm like you, I only make a specific round for the Garands. Everything else I make is "generic."

If you need a mold, Try Accurate Molds. Best you'll buy. The most you'll pay, too, but worth every penny.

--Wag--

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to be a while before I can pick this up. When I went in the other day, the serial number was not showing in their system, she put it back for me. They got that fixed. I went in today to do paperwork and the internet was down, so, apparently that means no paperwork. I’ll have to try again tomorrow to at least get the paperwork done. Then at least 3 more days after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts