National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it! I ran 50 Remington UMC 130 grain though it. 1st mag i did 9 quick shots on paper to where it hits a 15 yards. I had about 6 inch group. The 10th round i took my time and nailed the bulls eye. After that i popped cans out to 35 yards. Im really impressed with it being a GI model. Definitely a keeper.

The front sight does get thin when shooting further distances. Hopefully when i brighten it up with fluorescent orange it helps.

·
Live Free
2,873 Posts
I love it! I ran 50 Remington UMC 130 grain though it. 1st mag i did 9 quick shots on paper to where it hits a 15 yards. I had about 6 inch group. The 10th round i took my time and nailed the bulls eye. After that i popped cans out to 35 yards. Im really impressed with it being a GI model. Definitely a keeper.

The front sight does get thin when shooting further distances. Hopefully when i brighten it up with fluorescent orange it helps.
Let me think for a minute...two years ago you didn’t own a 1911 did you? And now you got...a few. :lol:

Congrats Coal! Enjoy that new RIA .38 Super! :thumbsup:

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i got hooked on 1911's after my 1st one. I have 9 now counting my 2 22 1911's. It would have been 10. But i traded my ATI one. I didn't like the trigger and the threaded barrel protector i got sick of keeping track of it.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
so..........what do you like better?

the super or the 45?

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not sure yet between the super and 45. 10mm is my fave.

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered dies and a turret and more ammo this eve. From midway usa. Brass cased. The remingtons i got from gators are nickel case. They don't seam to last as long. There is a 1500 fps load in my Lee manuel for 115 grain lead. Accurate powders. I think it was #2. But my other LGS does not carry that brand. I don't order powders and primers on line. Because Geisers is just as cheap. And no hazmat fees. He carys Hodgdon and Alliant.

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice article. Some of the powders listed i can get local. I saved the page. Thanks.

·
AZHerper
3,735 Posts
I use HS-6 and the Berrys 124 grs truncated cone thick plate in my competition loads because it's multicaliber convenient. AA7 seems to be the powder of choice for major power factor heavy hitters.

This may be of interest

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/super-powders-for-the-38-super/99160
I used to use HS-7 and H110. I didn't know that HS-7 was no longer available. Also, strangely enough, H110 did some weird and potentially dangerous stuff with reduced loads.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
from my understanding "doubletap" ammunition is offering the warmest loads in the super.......well, in just about anything. Their 327 and 32 h&r loads are certainly hot.

Choose by caliber

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a load with CFE pistol for 115 grain lead. 1310 fps at max load in standard loads. I have CFE on hand. I'll work up some step loads with it. Dies will be in This weds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts