National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I recently purchase a Rhino Chiappa 200DS, from grabagun.com, and the frame/cone area has already cracked after a mere month of ownership and 3 trips to the range. I'm going to post my exact usage of the firearm. If you guys could determine if I'm stupid or if this unacceptable durability that would be very helpful!

1st trip to the range: 50 rounds .38SP fired.
2nd trip: 50 rounds .38SP & 50 rounds Sellier & Bellot .357 (believe it was 158gr) fired. The gun appeared to still be in perfect condition upon cleaning.
3rd trip: 50 rounds Sellier & Bellot .357 (believe it was 158gr) fired. The gun was noticed to be damaged upon cleaning.

The gun was intermittently fired; I wasn't rapidly mashing .357 down range. The gun was cleaned once before, without evident remaining blockage or oil in the barrel.

What's the deal??? I imagine this happened due to the .357. I'm not experienced with the recommended usage of the caliber, but I still can't imagine the gun cracking after such a short time. Also is this damage going to cause a potentially dangerous problem later?

IMAGES ATTACHED!

THANKS!

edit: added ammo brand

Attachments

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Return that revolver to the manufacturer for warranty repair/replacement. Do this without delay.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Just return the gun and get it fixed.

Nobody here knows what ammo you put through it, if it was reloads, or some ammo that was recalled by the manufacturer. An $800 revolver should last a lifetime. There may have been a problem with it since new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair enough! I sent an e-mail to Chiappa in hopes of an accommodating response. The ammo was Sellier & Bellot, just looked it up.

Thanks for the responses!

·
54,933 Posts
So you'd say this is unnatural wear for the amount of (.357) ammo that was fired through it?
Yes, that goes beyond 'unnatural wear'. Further use of this revolver WILL result in a catastrophic failure! Return it under warranty.

·
54,933 Posts
Hell! That goes beyond a lifetime of wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts