National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently acquired an older 16ga bolt action shotgun from a family friend. it is a western auto firearms revelation model 316B 16GA. i don't know much about the shotgun. have heard it was modeled after a mossburg 490 bolt action. have also been told it was manufactured by them? i know it was made aprox between 1966-1968 family friend bought it in 68. he has sense lost the bolt and i have been completely unable to find a used one as far as ebay and gunbroker. i have seen a few sites that have them for sale but aren't exactly credable. does anyone have any further information on this gun? and possibly may someone have a bolt laying around hat they would be willing to sell?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,923 Posts
The Western Auto Revelation Model 316B is a Mossberg Model 490 made for and branded by Western Auto. The bolts should interchange.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coal cracker, i have checked all over ebay, amazon, gun broker and other firearms sites for auctions and have yet to find the correct bolt for this 16ga

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update i purchased a new haven bolt supposedly the manufacture is also mossberg, considered a model m490? i had to buy both bold halves seperately hopefully it will fit my western auto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts