National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice article, if only to provoke thought.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/resistance-to-violent-crime-what-does-the-research-show

Conclusion
I can’t tell you exactly what to do if you are confronted by a criminal. I can tell you that, based on the research, police departments should not be telling crime victims to “never resist” their attackers. Resistance is often a viable and successful strategy.​
My best advice is to urge you to think about possible attacks BEFORE they happen. Plan a response in advance so you don’t have to think through your options during the stress of the incident. Trust your instincts and make the best decisions you can. I hope this literature review gives you a little more confidence in whatever decision you make.
--Wag--

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
I’ve never had to face a real violent attack. I’ve been close. In those close encounters, I’ve alway tried to remain calm, confident and willing to go all the way, as far as the aggressor wanted to go. Weakness invites more aggression. No predatory animal wants to get hurt. They don’t want a frontal assault. Don’t provoke! Just make sure your attacker knows it will cost them dearly and let them know they have a way out or escape route. Most will back off, most but not all.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
No violent criminal confrontations
But I have been in my share of bar fights
He who throws the first punch, generally wins.
I use that same theory if confronted by a criminal.
I will be the aggressor

·
Registered
70 Posts
Generally speaking, I am not going to allow a violent offender to act against me with complete impunity. What I do and to what degree I do it will greatly depend on what is happening and what has happened. The bottom line is that I have long since come to terms with what EXACTLY I am willing to do in response to danger, I have a plan and the mental fortitude to carry it out. Plan (A) is simply to avoid the problem or escape the danger( without force) if those avenues are reasonably open to me. Plan (B) would likely involve some level of lawful force to achieve a safe escape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts