National Gun Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Greetings everyone,

I'm conducting research on the most popular types of ammunition and the thoughts and habits people have when either purchasing or reloading ammunition. If you're willing to take 5 minutes to answer 12 questions, I would really appreciate it. It is anonymous and just designed to help me understand the market and buyers mindset. I'm hoping to make use of this information and innovate the ammunition market, assuming the collected data supports such an effort. All responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

First post containing a 'survey' link. Nope!

If you are skeptical of participating, read through the comments on the 2nd page.

· Banned
1,116 Posts
Nice try, commie.

Greetings everyone,

I'm conducting research on the most popular types of ammunition and the thoughts and habits people have when either purchasing or reloading ammunition. If you're willing to take 5 minutes to answer 12 questions, I would really appreciate it. It is anonymous and just designed to help me understand the market and buyers mindset. I'm hoping to make use of this information and innovate the ammunition market, assuming the collected data supports such an effort. All responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
17,525 Posts
I don't buy ammo, i reload it.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
^^^^^^^^ You'll never get that time back.

Reactions: surevaliance

· Aim true !
14,170 Posts
I Started the survey with i use 90mm ammo. Figured it would stop there. Got to the part what would you pay for for 20 rounds example 223 ammo. I closed the survey.

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
Greetings everyone,

Research for who and what? How will you be making use of this info? Why is it important for you to understand "the market and the buyer"? How will your "collected data" help you in making use for/in the "ammunition market"?

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
The questions were geared to what you shoot, how much you reload, how many times you shoot, how often you reload, and how much money you spend and would spend on ammunition. I hope they like my replies :smile5:

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was hoping people would be helpful and honest to help me out. I don't understand why there is so much hate here. I'm asking because I have been going through the FFL process to start ammunition manufacturing and just wanted to know if I could focus on something people would find useful, but apparently I'm not going to get any answers here.

· Aim true !
14,170 Posts
We get a lot of so called surveys. That is why the caution not hate. Most of us regulars here who shoot often load our own ammo. If you are sincerely starting an ammo manufacturing co i wish you well. There is a lot of competition out there.

· Registered
17,525 Posts
^^^^^ What he said it i'll add that most of the surveys that get posted here are usually from some anti gun organization or person which is why you might sense the hostility. They also almost always say it's for research, good intentions, gun friendly etc.....

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We get a lot of so called surveys. That is why the caution not hate. Most of us regulars here who shoot often load our own ammo. If you are sincerely starting an ammo manufacturing co i wish you well. There is a lot of competition out there.
I am seriously going through the process to start manufacturing and I thank you for your well wishes. I can understand the caution people take, I am the same way, but when looking at the survey and seeing the type of questions are business based, there shouldn't be any red flags for people and if there are, voice them instead of ruining someones data they have worked hard to obtain. Just ignore it if you don't want to answer. Not aiming this at you personally, just to everyone in general, because as I said, it was anonymous and I don't know who put what.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
As a gun guy you should know how cautious and skeptical of bad intent we are. This is one of the best and most active forums and we don’t take to being scammed or having our information used against us. Sorry for the walls and defense. I’ll go back and do it correctly.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As a gun guy you should know how cautious and skeptical of bad intent we are. This is one of the best and most active forums and we don’t take to being scammed or having our information used against us. Sorry for the walls and defense. I’ll go back and do it correctly.
I appreciate it. It is probably partly my fault for not anticipating this, but I rarely ever participate in any forums or groups, I keep to myself, so I didn't expect that some anti-gun person or group would join a community like this to get data for their own agendas. I'll repost the link in my main post if people will take it seriously now, although I did make a request that this thread be deleted after the very first impression this community made to me, so that still might happen at some point. I wanted to preserve the good data I already collected. But this is a serious survey to help me make informed business decisions and better understand the decisions we all make. Please share the survey with people that will take it seriously so I can get better data. I know a lot of people reload and keep purchasing ammo to a minimum, which is why I want to know if I can create a product you re-loaders would be willing to buy as well and what your reasons for reloading are.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK Novak, survey done.
You need to tell us what your really trying to do.
Above is too vague.
Much like how everyone here is cautious with information related to their firearms, I am cautious with information related to business dealings. I've had ideas stolen and been screwed over before. So please forgive me for not just laying everything out.

Also, thank you for participating.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.