National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just trying to get a feel for the resale value of handguns. I know it depends on the guns, etc.

For me, I have a Springfield Armory Mod.2 9mm. I bought it new in the 2014/15 timeframe for around $450. I have the original case and 4 magazines. Bud’s offered me $225. Fair price?

Thanks!

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
You can also search here:
https://www.gunsinternational.com/

You will never get as much as you would from a private sale. Most places like pawn shops, etc., will offer about 60% of the value because they will have carrying costs and profit to factor in

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
It's worth whatever you and a buyer agree it's worth at the time money and gun change hands.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I say check a few auction sights prices do vary by the very little to the insane pick your 2 prices as low as and the high post for the high many times I get offer's between the two example High $420 low as willing to go $350 so if offered $370 I can work with that but alas of late folks think I NEED to give it away "Whats Your Bottom Dollar" basically means I`ll gladly give you Jennings Prices for Your Sig Sauer and your a Prick for wanting more. So I just Trade no trade involved neither am I. I can go equal value or plus/minus with what is refereed to as boot, ammo/lights/lasers/cash but like I said had recent deal retail was $450 I was asking $325 tons of $100 offers some over that settled on a LCP with holster, ammo and extra magazines about $310 in pistol and goods decent deal. for my Sr.22

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
A gun shop will typically give you around 60% of the value and usually a little more if you're trading it in on something else. If it's something they know they can flip right away you might get more and less if they think it will be a boat anchor sitting in their case for a long time, about +/- 10%. You should always get more in a private sale. As far as what it's worth, like you said it also depends on the gun and condition.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Pawn shops do not 'buy" items, they make short term loans and hold your item as collateral, if you do not repay the loan + intrest the shop is then free to sell the item. Pawn shops are a good place to shop but a bad place to "sell".

·
Banned
21 Posts
The value of gun as per money, We can say not fixed. Either if you choose to sell on shop. Then definitely they will offer you less amount. So, You should sell it as per your behalf. A lot of options are available. You can find. Mainly, See, Some common resell considerable points: The Gun actual cost, Model, Use, Current Condition, Accessories etc.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Guns do not lose value. Anyone that says they do is lying or clueless. You need to take consideration for wear, but aside of that a gun that is as good as new is priced as such.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good feedback. Thanks for the info.

I think I will either keep it or sell it outright myself. Like you all have posted, I will probably get a higher price by selling it myself.

·
Aim true !
10,296 Posts
Armslist is a good place to sell. It's like Craigslist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts