National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone says that by carrying a gun daily, you're preparing yourself for the worst day of your life. I agree with the sentiment, but that's still better than your unprepared family burying you because you weren't ready!

With that said, are there any books that you guys would consider "required reading" for gun owners? I've pretty much read everything that Massad Ayoob has written, and I think everyone should read these two:

http://amzn.to/1QRO4HT - In the Gravest Extreme - THE Authoritative text on firearms in a self defense situation. Unfortunately, not available in e-book, but it's still worth a buy and a read.

http://amzn.to/1QRNj1E - Deadly Force: Understanding Your Rights to Self Defense - Adds on to In the Gravest Extreme and talks about some of the more recent high-profile cases. Also a must have, in my opinion. This one is available in or a physical copy.

http://amzn.to/1M3Qphw - Aftermath: Lessons in Self Defense

http://amzn.to/1TnZXeP - The Founders' Second Amendment

Can you guys think of anything else that should be mandatory reading for gun owners?

Edit: Updated with links to the books that others are recommending.

·
Registered
19,300 Posts
"The Concealed Handgun Manual - How To Choose, Carry and Shoot a Gun In Self Defense" by Chris Bird.

Official Journal section, "The Armed Citizen", American Rifleman magazine, monthly.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Reactions: therewolf

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
HandgunlawsUS.com Your states handgun laws. Or any state that you will be traveling to.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
This website!

·
Super Moderator
11,515 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
can we get an Amen for this thread - and a sticky?

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. :thumbsup: A really old saying made up by survivors.
True even in Canada.
What ever the law can do to you life is worth it.
If you're still alive you did the right thing.

Reactions: Dog Soldier

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
You have to have resolve, aforethought, when the time comes. If you

have military service, you should be OK with it.

Just consider that before your assailant or BG attacked you, he had options.

He could have volunteered to help the homeless. He could have undertaken

an apprenticeship. He could have gone to the local library, and learned a new

job skill. He could have applied to a local office for food stamps. He could have helped a

relative move to Indiana.

These are only a few options of which this person could have taken advantage. He

decided, instead, to take the easy way out, track down, stalk, and victimize YOU.

If you are lucky, or aware, enough to gain an advantage, it may be folly to hesitate...

·
Super Moderator
11,515 Posts
Stickied for the moment but stay on topic.

--Wag--

Reactions: Scrub oak

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I updated my original post with links to as many of the recommendations as I could find! Keep em coming guys, this is a really helpful thread.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Me I am on the every one spends 3 years armed service of choice after high school. That will serve much more than a Book.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
States of Awareness - The Cooper Color Codes and Self-Defense"Ultimate victory is in avoiding the fight." - Sun Tzu

just google it, lots to read.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Hmmmm "Mandatory" reading~~~How about the constitution.
As a Canadian I know for a fact that a lot of states wipes their feet on that paper one girl from another site is a crossing guard for kids and the "CITY" prevents employees to carry on the job. I'd have to go back there to tell you the state she's in and her name but she's real and so is her problem and the disregard for constitutional rights

1 - 20 of 26 Posts