National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with this. When I do, I can't
put spaces between words. What would cause this?

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,463 Posts
Same happened to me a couple of times seems it's something to do with the site since someone else is having it
I just closed the page and re entered the site and it goes away when it happens

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. I'll try it. Same thing happens when I try to reply to PM. I'll give that a shot too.:thumbsup:

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,463 Posts
I thought it was some strange hiccup from my keyboard and in some ways i'm glad it's not :lol:
Site admin. should be advised though

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I've had the same problem. I used the "GO ADVANCED" button and I could space again.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Same thing happens to me very time, but only first began when I switched to Chrome. It's like the space bar is deactivated.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: Thought it was my keyboard too cause i got a different one, but didn't happen
till later. And I thought it was chrome too Andy, but I've been using chrome from
the start. Who knows? Kobs might be on to something with revisiting the page,
and try to have at it again. Our kids don't even know, so that means wow, what
is it?:mad2:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you want to bet it's related to the new log on issues?
Log on issues? I don't think I've had any, at least yet anyway.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
I've been using a work-around. Just copy and paste the the text you're quoting, and then put your own remarks below. Afterwards, go above, highlight the quoted text, and click on the quote button on the menu.

Clunky, but it works.

Reactions: 1shot1k and Kobs

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been using a work-around. Just copy and paste the the text you're quoting, and then put your own remarks below. Afterwards, go above, highlight the quoted text, and click on the quote button on the menu.

Clunky, but it works.
Now it seems I can do it. Go figure. Will keep that in mind though. Some how it got fixed.
Anybody else fixed yet?

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,463 Posts
It doesn't happen every time, but once in a while you type a comment and oops! everything is attached together

·
Administrator
399 Posts
Hey all

This is a known conflict with the vB4 software and usually Chrome browser, though we have seen sporadic reports of IE users being affected as well. We have a ticket in with vB but so far this is not a high priority for them to resolve.

You will come across this issue when using "Reply with Quote" or when replying to a PM (this is because the 'Reply with Quote' is the default reply option).

Some current work arounds for this are:
- hit the A/A button on the top left corner of the reply box. This will remove formatting in your reply and allow the space to function.
- enter any character on the first line under the Quote, then hit enter and type your message. You can go back and remove the first random character.
- type your reply above/before the Quote tags.

Dayle

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,463 Posts
Chrome user here sadly too old and used to it to change so I guess i'll wait

·
Administrator
399 Posts
Chrome user here sadly too old and used to it to change so I guess i'll wait
Try clicking on the AA like Dayle mentioned, I have proved a screen shot below ot help you out.

nationalgunforum.jpg

Let me know if you have any issues :)

~ Glenda

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,463 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it still happens to me sometimes. I click on the A/A and it works

·
5,082 Posts
Did not see this until admin had answered correctly. VB issue for sure and usually related to browser of server. Workaround tips are good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts