National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an M&P Shield .40 for a little bit, but ended up selling it a while back. It was a nice gun but wasn't the biggest fan of the 40 and the grip with the 7 round mag was just slightly too short for my hand. I'm thinking about getting a .45 this time around and have mainly been looking at the Glock 30s. I like the capacity of it most of all, but with the Corona virus and everything its hard to get out and actually hold one or shoot one. Is there something in a similar size with a slightly longer grip than the 40 Shield chambered in .45 or is that Glock the best fit for that? Thanks.

· Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
The Glock 30, 30s and the 30SF are all good firearms. You will only get personal opinions on such questions for everyone is different. I
've shot the 40 shield and the Glock 30s and like them both. Glock 30SF will be in my safe one day, I just like for the grip (over the 30) its a 45 and its not a mix of the Glock 36. Yet, it
s up to you to decide which is right or fits your hands. With respect to which I find better fit in my hands, the Shield or the 30s? Both are well suited in my hands and can shoot either accurately. You might look into weight too while your at it and if your more of carrying and it must be concealed in your state I'd look more into that too.
As for the 40, I would not judge the cartridge on the firearm. I've even shot (and owned) the Glock 27, Glock 23, SIG 229 in 40 and the Springfield EMP-4. While each has its own purpose, or good n bad, for carry. With this I find the Springfield EMP-4 is to be slightly better and this is only by s sliver over the Glocks. Yet slimmer then the other three, which to me is better for carry. The Glock 30s is a good firearm and lighter (not by much) then the Glock 30 or the Glock 30sf.

· Banned
142 Posts
The Glock 30, 30s and the 30SF are all good firearms. You will only get personal opinions on such questions for everyone is different. I
've shot the 40 shield and the Glock 30s and like them both. Glock 30SF will be in my safe one day, I just like for the grip (over the 30) its a 45 and its not a mix of the Glock 36. Yet, it
s up to you to decide which is right or fits your hands. With respect to which I find better fit in my hands, the Shield or the 30s? Both are well suited in my hands and can shoot either accurately. You might look into weight too while your at it and if your more of carrying and it must be concealed in your state I'd look more into that too.
As for the 40, I would not judge the cartridge on the firearm. I've even shot (and owned) the Glock 27, Glock 23, SIG 229 in 40 and the Springfield EMP-4. While each has its own purpose, or good n bad, for carry. With this I find the Springfield EMP-4 is to be slightly better and this is only by s sliver over the Glocks. Yet slimmer then the other three, which to me is better for carry. The Glock 30s is a good firearm and lighter (not by much) then the Glock 30 or the Glock 30sf.
+1

· Registered
4,411 Posts
I replaced my 40 shield with a 9 shield.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,079 Posts
FNS-9 Compact

· Registered
6,726 Posts
the glock 30 simply does not fit me.......

its going to be a crap shoot for you if you do not get to where you can fondle them to see what you like.

if i nowadays wanted a to try out compact polymer 45 acp pistol, it would
would be the ruger american. It felt good in my hands...not yours. https://ruger.com/products/rugerAmericanPistolCompact/specSheets/8648.html

i have no idea about their track record.

i have no desire for a sub-compact 45.

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Point replaced my Shield 9mm got some powder/shot and primers along with trade And I have no regrets. the Shield has been back to S&W twice more for repairs, That is 3 times total because I had just gotten it back a fellow shooter/reloader was with me. I got home and threw it in my safe, Billy was inquiring on my plans with it I said what you got he said Hi Point 995, pound tite group 1000 9 mm ball. I stated you just bought it pulled out of safe and handed it over.. I know of the M&P "Quality" sorry Taurus is better.

· Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Ya most likely true though we tried to help him out. My guess is he got into or started some big hoopla somewhere else with a cliber war :)

· Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
At least valuable info was posted for the next guy who Googles a similar question.

--Wag--

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,196 Posts
When I'm not in the communist state of NJ my carry gun is a 9mm Shield.
*If* I was going to replace it it would be with a 9mm Sig P365.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.