National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Maintenance man
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to look it up here to see if anyone else noticed it but the Remington UMC 9mm are just a tad shorter then the other 9mm rounds I have. Is this a common thing? I mainly use federal and Winchester 115 fmj. Just thought it was weird and wanted to see if anyone knows why or if this is a common thing. Thanks

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Are you talking the whole round or just the case? If you mean the whole round it's not uncommon to see different lengths especially when dealing with different weight bullets. Now if you mean the cases that would be odd and i have never noticed any brand shorter than another.

·
Maintenance man
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to take another look, I got back from a session at the range and was consolidating my "left overs" into one box to save space and I saw the Remington rounds were lower then the rest of the class in the box. I'll go through my brass and see what's what and post what I find. I just thought it was strange. Maybe something worth a quick chat. Nothing too serious, as they all fired well.

·
Aim true !
9,512 Posts
I have some 44 mag hornady brass that is shorter than other brands.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I have some 44 mag hornady brass that is shorter than other brands.

yes Hornady can be an exception to the rule, probably levereolution ammo right? I had some 45-70 that was considerably shorter and rather than mess with it i just tossed it in the scrap bucket.

·
Aim true !
9,512 Posts
Not sure if it was levereolution or not someone payed it forward to me. I load it light with unique for target shooting.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have Remington UMC .380 and they are short too in overall length. They still shoot pretty good in my guns.

·
Maintenance man
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These Rem-Rounds fire great, not a single issue just a mm shorter or so, even the case is a little shorter then the Winchester or Federal rounds. Thought that was so weird. But I'll most definitely buy them again. They are a very clean round.

·
Aim true !
9,512 Posts
I had some remington training rounds. They were dirty. I wonder what powder they used vs yours.

·
Maintenance man
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far the dirtiest rounds I have used were the Winchester steel case and they weren't anywhere as dirty as some folks made them out to be. Plus Mr Smith that's a pretty good cleaning after each range visit, each visit is 400 rounds give or take. I find cleaning the gun to be very relaxing, almost like meditation, so I look forward to the job.

·
Aim true !
9,512 Posts
Yeah i didn't find the winchester steel case as bad as folks were saying for being dirty. I had some issues with it not ejecting in some of my guns. Yeah cleaning is relaxing. I clean mine while the brass is tumbling.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dirtiest rounds I've fired were some old 410 shells that were handed down to me. As far as 'fresh' ammo goes, I'd have to say Federal, but even that isn't too bad.

·
Maintenance man
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really, I go through A LOT of federal rounds, brass and aluminum cased. I got no complaints, but I've only been at it a few months and I don't have much to compare it too. But it does make m happy and that's all I need , for now

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Maintenanceman nails it....OAL can vary manufacture to manufacture I reload my 9mm due to this and it is a hell of a whole lot cheaper. 1.16 is where I am dialed in at I have seen others + .03 of that to 1.19 round ball mostly is the largest variant

1 - 14 of 14 Posts