1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Aim true !
11,375 Posts
I hope someone steps up and takes over the brands. I like my Marlins and Remington's. Speaking of Remington ammo. I found a bucket of bullets in 9mm. I was looking to see if i had any standard velocity 22 lr. It's been awhile since i shot my Stevens crack shot from 1913.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i missed out on a run of the savage/stevens crackshot version they introduced a while back......they had a take-down version that i thought was sweet....

marlin has purty much been in some troubles ever since remington took over them under that conglomerate. i hope they stay around.

·
Registered
14,089 Posts
What happened to the deal where the Indian tribe(forgot which one) was going to buy Remington?
Not a big fan of Remington ammo but if it could be sold to another company who might change the recipe and make it more reliable it might be a good thing. Curious though if they would be able to keep and use the Remington name if Remington was still in business producing guns? I know sometimes other companies will buy a brand just to put it out of business and kill the competition.
I think it would be a good thing for everyone if Remington sold Marlin as long as it went to a reputable company that would bring the standards back up some and not just buy it to bankrupt it. Imagine Henry buying the brand? Henry has a awesome customer service and reliability. Being many of the designs for both companies are nearly identical i think it would be a easy transition for them. It would also cut their competition down to basically Winchester and Taylor and Company which are generally more expensive guns. C'mon, lets see that sale in the future!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I feel like a prepper that was right.

There is more than meets the eye on this one. Not long ago the .guv was buying billions of rounds from every manufacturer in the US.

Strange, unless the movers and shakers at Remington know more than they are telling, or are willing to tell the public.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
The current stalking horse bidder for the ammo/bullet division is the parent corp of PSA from SC.

·
Registered
Pistoleer
103 Posts
What happened to the deal where the Indian tribe(forgot which one) was going to buy Remington?
The tribe that was going to buy it was expecting to get some guaranteed government contracts for ammo but when that did not happen they withdrew from the proposed deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts