National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 308 and it has come to my attention that the Hogue stock is less than desirable but that it can replaced very affordably. This will primarily be a hunting rifle so weight should be considered. I am partial to a synthetic stock until the means become available that I am able to afford a more aesthetically pleasing alternative. For now I just wish to improve accuracy and ergonomics. The rifle is equipped with a 4-16x 50MM Millett Tactical with matching rings.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
Explain, in detail, the problems you have found with the stock provided by Remington.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issues

The primary problems I am having are related the fit of the stock as well as its flexibility. When using the bipod it causes the stock to flex a seemingly excessive amount so that it is contacting the barrel at numerous points and eliminating the beauty of the free floating barrel. This doesn't seem to affect shots often but occasionally even in a rest one shot will be several inches off the previously establish grouping. In addition I find that while resting within the eye relief of the scope that cheek weld portion is not nearly high enough leading to problems with maintaing a clean line of sight and stability.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts