National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a remington model 710 rifle.the problem is that there is no caliber stamped on the rifle anywhere (that i can find).i called remington and they basically said i was mistaken.i sent the gun to a local gunshop where they took the rifle completely apart and found no markings.they determined that it was a 30-06 from checking the bore and because it was not belted/bonded(i'm not sure what that means).any suggestions on where i go from here?many thanks

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Re: remington model 710

Every now and then things like that happen. There's a guy out in California who collects factory mistake guns. He had a fair collection of them in the article I read some time ago. IF a good gunsmith has said it is a .30-06 and OK'ed it for shooting I would use it. It does have a serial number on it right? If it don't the BATmen will swoop down on you if they find out. Good luck. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is weird I have a Rem 710 & it has 30.06 stamped on the left side of the rifle. Like Baldy said every now & then things like that happen. I would check your serial number though at Remington.com because they did have a recall on a few 710s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts