National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remington has quietly shut down production of both the DPMS and Bushmaster lines with no plans to continue them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That would be the parent company Freedom Group. They will **** down Remington before they are through.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
20,937 Posts
Link?

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good friend of mine got a really good deal on a DPMS AR-10 yesterday because of this.

·
Registered
make mine 45 acp 😎
13 Posts
interesting.. Midway was running a 1/2 price sale on StormLake replacement barrels over past few weeks, indicating they were discontinued..
Thought it was odd, but I bought 2 threaded replacement barrels for my full-size M&P's anyways. I know a couple of other guys bought some of the ported ones also..
Article indicates StormLake is one of the shuttered brands..

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
ALARMING...............especially at a time when the AR platform and accessories are some of the hottest selling items out there.

was it a political decision.....

or is there so much competition in the market that they decided to abandon it?

.....i would think that DPMS and Bushmaster would be profitable.....unless they fell into mismanagement and other problems such as corporate raiding where the two lines were bled dry on the books and their profits were leveraged away elsewhere......

Remington has steadly been loosing its reputation for quality and customer service.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Freedom Group was never about being pro gun, only about pro money. They buy companies with good bottom lines and then manage them according to accounting rules and not individual markets. They don't know the markets and don't care. They only care about the most money as fast as possible.
It's an accounting game. When the company earnings start to produce negative, it is more profitable to take the tax loss than to keep them open. If they have lucrative government contracts, they keep that part and sell the rest.
It's all about the Dollars and the bottom line for accountants. Investors are accountants, not Merchants.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts