National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't visited the website of the Remington Adaptive Combat Rifle, I strongly suggest you check this out. RemingtonMilitary.com

Make sure you download their brochure, and also watch their 4 animated clips about how the rifle works. To me, this blows every other AR-15/variant out of the water. This gun will outperform any M16/variant, and will certainly outperform an M14 or Kalashnikov rifle. I want your thoughts. What do you think about the ACR? This is by far my favorite gun.

·
Gun Totin' Gearhead
586 Posts
I don't see how it is any better than the FN SCAR. Either way, these rifles don't make ARs or AKs obsolete due to the worldwide usage of those two platforms, their track records, and their availability of parts.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
It seems to be nothing more than a variation on a theme....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see how it is any better than the FN SCAR. Either way, these rifles don't make ARs or AKs obsolete due to the worldwide usage of those two platforms, their track records, and their availability of parts.
the reason it's better than the FN SCAR is because the ACR can switch out calibers and barrel lenghts in minutes. Another plus is that it can fire the 6.8 SPC, which has more than twice the stopping power of the SCAR-L's 5.56, but without the bone-jarring recoil of the SCAR-H's 7.62x51. Also, the ACR has a non-reciprocating bolt handle, unlike the SCAR.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, point taken. all im saying is that the SPECS of the ACR blow most other guns out of the water. can anyone seriously disagree with that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not only that, but how many wars weve fought with the ACR is irrelevant. thousands of wars have been fought with the bow and arrow, but we're not using that anymore either. get my point?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
not only that, but how many wars weve fought with the ACR is irrelevant. thousands of wars have been fought with the bow and arrow, but we're not using that anymore either. get my point?
It is relevant because you said "This gun will outperform any M16/variant, and will certainly outperform an M14 or Kalashnikov rifle." There have been millions of civilian and military variations of those rifles over decades, nad yet you are claiming a rifle which has barely been released, and by produced by a company who's quality control has been called into question, will outperform all of them without a doubt. I would like to know if you at least own one, and how much hard work you have put it through.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i stand by my statement. im willing to bet that in the long run, the ACR will certainly jam WAY less than a traditional direct impingement AR-15, and I think we can all agree that it is an improvement over an AK, which uses a long-stroke gas piston system (terrible accuracy), AND we should agree that plenty more shots are gonna land on target than with an M14 because of recoil and rate of fire.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Let's see here. A Bushmaster rifle, with Magpul plastic stuff on it, sold by Remington, that hasn't yet been mass produced. What could possibly go wrong?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Let's see here. A Bushmaster rifle, with Magpul plastic stuff on it, sold by Remington, that hasn't yet been mass produced. What could possibly go wrong?
It MIGHT turn out to be a great rifle. But it has a LONG ways to go to prove it outperforms all the major rifle platforms of the last half of a century. As far as betting, if it were my money, and I had to choose between the SCAR and the ACR, my cash is with the SCAR.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Doesn't the ACR sell for $2000 or more while AR's and AK47/74's sell for half that? (or less)

·
Gun Totin' Gearhead
586 Posts
"bone-jarring recoil of the SCAR-H's 7.62x51"
have you ever freakin shot a SCAR-H? I have, and the recoil is VERY mild compared to comparable guns including the FNAR, AR-10, and Saiga .308. I think it is even more controlled than my heavy, short-barreled, muzzle-brake equipped M1A SOCOM.

"I think we can all agree that it is an improvement over an AK, which uses a long-stroke gas piston system (terrible accuracy)"
hmm, my long-stroke Saiga AKs in .308 and .223 both shoot sub-2" groups at 100 yards with bulk steel cased ammo.

Doesn't the ACR sell for $2000 or more while AR's and AK47/74's sell for half that? (or less)
Yes, cheapest ACR I've seen was $2,200. I could build 6 fantastic AKs for that.

Now, the ACR might be great. Might be. But nobody knows yet. Nobody appreciates chronic fanboyism.

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
Im not interested in it untill they make do with Magpulls promise when they introduced the MASADA. Also I have played with the new ACR and bare bones its 2200 bucks. It isn't a 2200 dollar rifle I'll maybe pay 1500 for it but not 2200. For 2300 I can but a SCAR that is dripping with rails and has very well made flip up iron sights the ACR has nothing but average iron sights and no rails to speak of (well at least the one that I handled didnt). Also I espect the ACR to be chamberd in 7.62 X 39 as well as 5.56. I dont care about 6.5 and 6.8 unless they are adopted by the military and massed produced. Personaly I have been waiting for this damn rifle to come out before it was even on future weapons and I feel cheated. As of right now Im going to get the SCAR. If Remington wants my business then they better make the rifle to be what the Masada was hyped up to be. Im not paying that much money for barebones.

·
Gun Totin' Gearhead
586 Posts
Im not interested in it untill they make do with Magpulls promise when they introduced the MASADA. Also I have played with the new ACR and bare bones its 2200 bucks. It isn't a 2200 dollar rifle I'll maybe pay 1500 for it but not 2200. For 2300 I can but a SCAR that is dripping with rails and has very well made flip up iron sights the ACR has nothing but average iron sights and no rails to speak of (well at least the one that I handled didnt). Also I espect the ACR to be chamberd in 7.62 X 39 as well as 5.56. I dont care about 6.5 and 6.8 unless they are adopted by the military and massed produced. Personaly I have been waiting for this damn rifle to come out before it was even on future weapons and I feel cheated. As of right now Im going to get the SCAR. If Remington wants my business then they better make the rifle to be what the Masada was hyped up to be. Im not paying that much money for barebones.
True that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts