G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:--- IMHO, the Remington 870 is the Best Pump Action Shotgun -I

Any Challengers :?: :i:

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I'm not going to disagree, but the Mossberg 590 is a very good combat shotgun.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Ithaca M37 Riot.

·
55,659 Posts
Popeye said:
Ithaca M37 Riot.
That being said, my go-to shotgun is a Remington 870.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Popeye said:
Ithaca M37 Riot.
Solid as a rock but prone to jamming. I gotta go with the 870 Wingmaster Police Magnum.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I had a Mossberg 500, sold it when I got my Remington 870 Marine Magnum. Mossberg served me well and I like it a lot, but the Remington just feels tighter and has a bit more weight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REVCHARLIE said:
:--- IMHO, the Remington 870 is the Best Pump Action Shotgun -I

Any Challengers :?: :i:
HaHaHa!!!
Yup they are!(in my personal opinion),but I saw A Benelli Tach that had me lookin at the Girl next door!! ;) I,ll never give up on my Remy though cause she,s never given up on me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the 870s a lot, but I just got a Benelli Super Nova Tacitcal so right now it's more favorite. I was going to get one of those Mossberg JIC's but just can't justify the pistol grip without the buttstock. Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas though.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Never shot an 870. However I just purchased a Benelli Nova - 18" barrell, ghost ring sights, accurate, easy to take down and clean - so it is my favorite shot gun (at the moment).

E

·
55,659 Posts
ENENEN said:
So I take it I should buy an 870 over a Mossberg 500?
That would be my recommendation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Big E said:
Never shot an 870. However I just purchased a Benelli Nova - 18" barrell, ghost ring sights, accurate, easy to take down and clean - so it is my favorite shot gun (at the moment).

E
Wat do you shoot Big E. are U a competitor(3x) or is that just for home defence?
I got a soft spot for Benelli,s as well! ;)

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Well - I was going to purchase a Rem 870 Combo a while ago. Even posted that on this forum. Purchased a Moss 835 and it has perfromed flawlessly. Shot 81 out of 100 in trap the first time and brought down the pheasants and chuckers without a problem. Still may buy the Rem 870 combo at some point but I am happy as of now.

·
Registered
785 Posts
eXXit said:
Big E said:

E
Wat do you shoot Big E. are U a competitor(3x) or is that just for home defence?
I got a soft spot for Benelli,s as well! ;)
eXXit,

This is my first SG. I was looking at the 870, 500 and the Nova. The Nova just fit better and I got a good deal on what appears to be a slightly used one. Am shooting whatever is cheap at WalMart or the local Sporting Goods super store to get a good feel for the gun. Don't shoot competitvely yet, so it is my primary Home Defense weapon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts