National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one? What caliber? What’s your take on it? The good, the bad and the ugly... I was looking at the Savage Axis in 300 Win Mag, went to another store and looked at the Remington 770. I was just curious if the Savage was worth the extra cash? $329 vs $254, both with what appears to be the same glass.

·
Aim true !
10,285 Posts
I have one in 30.06. Im happy with it, Plenty accurate for me. Now that i reload i shoot it more often. It came with a pre sighted scope. It's held zero since day one.

·
Live Free
2,879 Posts
The stocks are very flimsy on both, but IMO the Savage action/barrel is better as is the accu-trigger. The scopes are entry level at best, IMO. If I wanted a 300wm I would spend more. Probably go with Savage that has accu-stock (aluminum bedded), and put a quality optic on it. Course, that is just me...

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Yeah but you want the Axis II. Very accurate. You’re going to have to move the berm or start shooting from the front yard.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Too much cartridge for the rifle? accuracy issues?

The stocks are very flimsy on both, but IMO the Savage action/barrel is better as is the accu-trigger. The scopes are entry level at best, IMO. If I wanted a 300wm I would spend more. Probably go with Savage that has accu-stock (aluminum bedded), and put a quality optic on it. Course, that is just me...
This^^^......The 300wm is a big boomer, flimsy junk and heavy recoil is never a good combo IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts