National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Guns Gear & Freedom
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Remington 700 XCR II Bone Collectors Edition with the RealTree AP camo stock. I would prefer the caliber to be .308 or .30-06 with preference going to the .308 Win caliber. I've been searching Google for hours, not finding any in stock in some of the online retailers stores. Can't find any on Gunbroker either that fit the bill. Where would I get one of these? Can they be factory ordered, and if so how?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Doesn't the Remington 700 XCR II Bone Collectors Edition just come in 30-06?

Might hit your LGS up and see if they can order you one.My search also turned up nadda.

For the money a Remington 700 5r Milspec in 308 would be a much better route IMO.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
31,882 Posts
According to the Remington website, the Remington 700 XCR II Bone Collectors Edition only came in .30-06 and has been discontinued.

The closest thing I could find was a used Camo RMEF edition in .30-06 on GunBroker. Good luck in your search!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,670 Posts
Might hit your LGS up and see if they can order you one.

For the money a Remington 700 5r Milspec in 308 would be a much better route IMO.
Your LGS has access to distributors who may have one, or more, of these rifles in stock and for sale. Often times discontinued rifles sit around for years.

As to the "For the money" sentence... Yup.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
My logal gun dealer's suppliers have been unable to fill more than a few of my needs in the past couple years. I gave up a few times and ordered online. Is there some reason to not get the regular rifle? You can always put a different stock on it. But If I had one in camo, I would set it down and forget it, and never find it again.

·
Guns Gear & Freedom
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My logal gun dealer's suppliers have been unable to fill more than a few of my needs in the past couple years. I gave up a few times and ordered online. Is there some reason to not get the regular rifle? You can always put a different stock on it. But If I had one in camo, I would set it down and forget it, and never find it again.
I personally thought the RealTree AP camo stock was super sexy. I have a thing for RealTree camo. The more I think about it the more I want one. I guess everybody really answered my question. I guess the bone collector edition was never chambered in .308 Winchester which makes me a very sad panda. I know that the camo stock doesn't make the Remington 700 shoot any better, but it sure looks nice. I want to lick it! LOL.

·
Guns Gear & Freedom
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. Sorry. Sometimes the gun fever over takes me and I don't know what to do. Think I'm going to have to go with buying a different Remington 700. I'll do some research on the 5r Milspec and see what that might be like.

·
Premium Member
14,424 Posts
Gunbroker's not the only fish in the sea. Try Guns For Sale, Auctions, Buy and Sell, Online or Buy & Sell Guns Online at GunAuction.com - New & Used Guns For Sale, as well.

I've also gotten some great guns and deals on the fanboy sites. I found several desirable S&W wheelguns through the S&W forum and other great stuff from other specialty sites.

This is a better time for firearms aficionados than ever. Ask some of us oldfarts what it was like finding, evaluating, negotiating, paying for and transferring firearms 'back in the day'. Hell, we're downright spoiled today!

Reactions: Ken Hill
1 - 10 of 10 Posts