National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Washington Post has settled, for undisclosed terms, a $250 million lawsuit filed by Nicholas Sandmann.

Last year, Sandmann sued the Post, arguing that the paper defamed him in its coverage of a viral video
A few months later, a judge dismissed the case, finding that
"Sandmann's allegation attempts to insert innuendo not found within … the publication."
But last October, the same judge partially reopened the case to narrow in on three contested statements included in the original lawsuit.

"We are pleased that we have been able to reach a mutually agreeable resolution of the remaining claims in this lawsuit," Kris Coratti, a spokesperson for the paper, said in a statement to TheWrap.

Sandmann also sued CNN for $275 million over similar accusations of defamation regarding its coverage of the encounter. The network settled its suit with Sandmann in January for undisclosed terms.

I hope the young man is able to leverage these wins into a bright future.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,013 Posts
If my memory serves me, I believe Mr. Sandmann was wearing a MAGA ball cap. If so, he is probably level headed and has been raised properly. I suspect he will be okay, with his new found wealth.

· Registered
4,400 Posts
Hannity was talking about that on his radio show. He kept talking about his lawyer Lin Wood who represented Richard Jewell. He became somewhat of a defamation lawyer. They all know his reputation and none of them want to go to court. I'm sure after all their fancy lawyer tricks they will settle.

· Registered
48 Posts
He still has four more suits pending and will probably win or settle all of them. I understand that he turned 18 the day of the WP settlement and I hope that he takes part of that money and gives out scholarships to all of the other students who were there that day. They all were shamed.

· Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's 2020 reelection campaign has hired Nick Sandmann,

Sandmann, a Transylvania University student who was once again in the spotlight this week when he spoke at the Republican National Convention, now lists himself as a grassroots director for Team Mitch on his Twitter account.

McConnell's campaign manager Kevin Golden provided this statement on the new hire: "We’re excited to have Nicholas on Team Mitch. Along with our already strong team, his efforts to bring people together all across Kentucky will be critical to Senator McConnell’s victory this November."

On his Twitter account, Sandmann tweeted Thursday: "finally got to add more to my bio than just my schools."

The McConnell campaign's official Twitter account responded: "Welcome to #TeamMitch!"

· Registered
4,400 Posts
Typical political publicity stunt but I like it. He probably working for free or next to nothing. Like he said he's trying to boost his resume. He has his CNN settlement money and I think a few others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.