National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't overlook Craig's list for used reloading equipment.

I sold off a complete set of RCBS reloading equipment for less than $200 that included several die sets. I also sold off my old Pacific Complete set for about $125 on Craig's list. Both sets went fast and sold in my local area.

I put up some of my old equipment on a notice at the gun club and it was gone within a couple of weeks. So check the bulletin boards at gun clubs for equipment also. I have run into individuals that are approaching their 80's and just want to sell off their equipment that they can't pass on to their kids.

I now have a nice Dillon set that I love and most of the die sets for the majority of the pistol calibers. Love the Dillon equipment and will keep reloading until the cows come home.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where' this Graig's list at? I use all Dillon myself. Had one fling with a Lee and that was enough.
Its "Crag's List" and its a free advertising service in almost every city of any size in the US.
I don't believe you can sell firearms but in some areas of the country I have seen long guns advertised.

Great place to sell old tools, furniture and other household goodies you don't need. I see autos and motorcycle on there all the time too.

Here is the link for the Florida cities: http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
gun accessories and reloading kits are few and far between in the California regions on CL. :[

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gun accessories and reloading kits are few and far between in the California regions on CL. :[

Again, sadly many of the guns stores, ranges and reloading suppliers have been run out of the major cities of California. The liberals have taken over the state and are moving to restrict anything gun related. Even the ammo is supposed to be micro stamped, a technology that is not in place or even possible.

Think about that the next time you vote.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Remember that "Craig" of "Craigslist" is an old SF hippie with a staff of SF fruitcakes running the day to day. I have noticed that here locally, enen in gun-loving New Mexico, they will "flag" ("poof") any ad even remotely connected to the shooting sports. A friend of mine couldn't get his ad for scope rings to stay up, because the ad had the word "rifle" attached to the word "scope". No, I'm not kidding. It's so damn hypocritical, too, because the only dangerous weapons that stay up are compound bows and those little crossbows. Heck, those can cause as much or more damage as a .22RF!

Personally, I get many many contacts from CL, but it is very labor intensive. Their little automatons flag my ads with amazing regularity. I actually set a record, last Saturday, when I had an ad up for over 4½ hrs before being "flagged". They usually last 15 min to ½ an hour.

Sux, but I’m still getting several contacts each week which helps my business grow.

That said, we started the new year by making contact with a guy who advertised his late father's reloading and shooting stuff on CL. We literally filled the entire cargo area of our Explorer -- wall to wall, floor to ceiling -- for the $300.00 I paid for the estate. I recovered my investment within the first week, and it wouldn't have taken that long except for the fact that it took over two days just to inventory all that stuph. I still have lots left over from that, both stuff I use for my own reloading for myself and for customers. Anyone need any 6.5x55 ammo? Brass? Projectiles? How 'bout 7.62x54R or .32 S&W Mag.? Gotch'r stuff right here, Buddy!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You do have to be very careful on Craigs List and not use terminology that will attract the anti-gun Nazis. Never use the word gun, weapon, rifle, pistol, etc.

With reloading equipment you simply talk about a press, scale, powder measure, dies, etc. and stay away from gun buzzwords and usually the ad will not be flagged. I have never had a problem. But then this is Oregon and things may be a tad more lax in this area than in CA, for example.

I put the ad up like I would a tool ad and find that folks interested in firearm reloading will understand and call if interested. My phone was ringing for several days after the ad was placed and the equipment sold, even though I pulled the ad immediately.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
The local Kraigs Gestapo has someone who does know gun terms. One guy I know got by them for several days, listing a LWMN MKIII. He actually sold it. I've purchased a few guns locally when I caught them before the Gestapo did.

I have snuck a few ads in that looked like this, though:

"******* Toys for Christmas, New Years, your birthday, etc!"
or
"G Lock 19 Paintball"
or
"Remmie 870cm Waterskiis"
and the classic
"Ishapore 308 Skateboard"
and
"Schmidt Rubin K31, with or w/o Boots"

But now, when I have the time I just post a straight-up ad saying what I do, regarding transfers. Morons don't get it, so screw 'em. I average 15 - 20 inquiries per week, of which 4-5 become customers. I frequently have folks who saw my ad several months ago emailing me, as well.

Here's what I post now:

Thanks for Keeping Us On TOP!

Thanks for keeping us ON TOP! The mad flagger is helping to get out the word! You wouldn't see this ad reposted if it wasn't getting any response.

FFL Transfer service. Email for details. If you don't know the difference between TRANSFER and GUN SALES please email. I'll be glad to explain. If you plan on purchasing anytime in the near future, contact me for email address since my patience is limited with the cretins who continue to flag this ad.

FIVE more shooters saved money this week by making their own deal on the internet and having us receive it. If you don't mind wasting money, you don't need our help.

The other thing is that I've received many referrals from the contacts I make on CL, also. It's a PITA, dealing with their BS, but it has been profitable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts