National Gun Forum banner

Relationship Problems!

3K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  whompuss 
#1 ·
Good Advice for those of us that have had relationship issues:

See less See more
#2 ·
You-all must have great relationships! This topic usually sparks a heated thread about all the ex girlfriends, boyfriends and wifes, husbands that have passed into and out of our lives. Interesting!!! ;)

#4 ·
Yes....It can work either way! Psyco can be male or female.

I made the necessary correction! Sorry, my bad!

#6 ·
My girlfriend wears the pants in our relationship. It's pretty much always been like that. When we were kids she used to bully me, when we started going out in 5th grade she made all the decisions and seeing as she's bigger than me, I had to do what she said. Anyways, she turned 17 July 5th and I turn 18 on October 1st. Our relationship may be odd, but we got a beautiful 15 month old boy to show for it. Just goes to show some psycho relationships DO work. :mrgreen:

#8 ·
SheNine said:
No problem!!! I was just kidding you......

I had a big to-do on another forum a few days ago about this very subject. It appears on that forum all the men are saints, and the women in their lives - past and present - are all crazy psycho-b!tches! Go figure................ :D

I don't think you will encounter that attitude here. The folks on this forum are classy and show a lot of respect for their girlfriends and wives.

I sure consider myself a lucky man to have my wife and enjoy my relationship. She is a shooter, my best friend and confidante. I would not be with a psycho-***** for long and I am sure most of the other members feel the same way.

#10 ·
My first wife of 23yrs got us in too much debt and then said she's bored with our marriage. 2yrs after our divorce I met a wonderful woman just the opposite of my first wife...great! Been together since '91 could'nt be happier.
Watch-out for the woman's menopause guys, they are actually 35 symtems and they can be really tough. Usually start getting them in they're 40's on up. My wife's at that age and it's no picnic sometimes. Not all women will have all these symtems. Here they are...
From the medical journal.

Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling (see note)
Irregular heart beat
Irritability
Mood swings, sudden tears
Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
Loss of libido (see note)
Dry vagina (see note)
Crashing fatigue
Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom (see note)
Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
Disturbing memory lapses
Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence (see note)
Itchy, crawly skin (see note)
Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons (see note)
Increased tension in muscles
Breast tenderness
Headache change: increase or decrease
Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
Sudden bouts of bloat
Depression (see note)
Exacerbation of existing conditions
Increase in allergies
Weight gain (see note)
Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
Changes in body odor
Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head (see note)
Tingling in the extremities (see note)
Gum problems, increased bleeding
Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
Osteoporosis (after several years)
Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc. (see note)

G
#11 ·
We've been careful to continue on as best friends ...

Married 11 years to a wonderful woman (an RN that I dated all through college) - we had two kids - she decided that she really didn't want to married anymore - sat down and discussed it - gave her the house and cars and have remained very close friends until tonight, matter of fact. We went over to her house to see a second story addition that she's building on her house. It's been perfect now for 27 years - our kids (34 and 32) and my two kids that Gale and I had after remarrying - 22 and 21 - all consider themselves full brothers and sisters. I recommend that if it's possible to do. Whenever someone needs a hand up, all pitch in and the problem is solved.
:mrgreen:

G
#12 ·
During my junior year of college I married my childhood sweetheart, known her all my life. We had a nice house, almost paid for, two boys in their teens and whammo- after twenty years she hit her mid life crisis. Changed friends, went to bars after work, smoked weed nearly every day. I was the same "dull and boring" husband. (her words) Years of counseling didn't help. Divorce after 25 years.
I left with my clothes, driving a leased car. Lost everything we'd worked for the 25 years.

After two years I met another, single parent, 2 girls (9-12) whose husband left her after she worked to put him through law school.
We raised her girls, my boys and her girls consider themselves as real brothers and sisters. Now after 17 years we have a nice home, 3 grand kids and a wondeful marriage. Never been happier.

My ex married a nice, wealthy, retired engineer, home in Country Club Estates, new Eldorado. Played golf every day- her "dream come true." She lost a battle with cancer and died on her 62 nd birthday. Funny how life does you. :?:

#13 ·
whompuss said:
My ex married a nice, wealthy, retired engineer, home in Country Club Estates, new Eldorado. Played golf every day- her "dream come true." She lost a battle with cancer and died on her 62 nd birthday. Funny how life does you. :?:
Same thing happen to me.She moved to a better job in Biloxi MS. for a big hotel. She remarried a man who gave her a big house, new car, new boat, new jet ski.
Great life for her had all the nice materal
thing she wanted, then Katrina hit...destroyed her home and hotel and her husband left her. Now she's back here living with one of our sons with no money and no job. She calles me crying about what a mistake she made when she left cuase of her "mid-life crisis"
First time she's been without a man in her life since she was 16 when we met.
She also has health problems, she's 57yrs. old.

#15 ·
SheNine said:
My abusive ex drank himself to death at the age of 35. I was not married to him at the time, I'd left years earlier, and had already remarried. He died two months before we came to the States.

Karma is a b!tch, but it always get them in the end...... ;)

Boy ain't that the truth!! It comes back at you X 2 when you do bad stuff!!

Sorry you had an abusive relationship, I have heard that story from too many gals that I have known. I guess its growth, you learn to shy away from the strange characters and appreciate the good relationships much better as you get older.

#16 ·
glennc said:
My first wife of 23yrs got us in too much debt and then said she's bored with our marriage. 2yrs after our divorce I met a wonderful woman just the opposite of my first wife...great! Been together since '91 could'nt be happier.
Watch-out for the woman's menopause guys, they are actually 35 symtems and they can be really tough. Usually start getting them in they're 40's on up. My wife's at that age and it's no picnic sometimes. Not all women will have all these symtems. Here they are...
From the medical journal.

Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling (see note)
Irregular heart beat
Irritability
Mood swings, sudden tears
Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
Loss of libido (see note)
Dry vagina (see note)
Crashing fatigue
Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom (see note)
Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
Disturbing memory lapses
Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence (see note)
Itchy, crawly skin (see note)
Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons (see note)
Increased tension in muscles
Breast tenderness
Headache change: increase or decrease
Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
Sudden bouts of bloat
Depression (see note)
Exacerbation of existing conditions
Increase in allergies
Weight gain (see note)
Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
Changes in body odor
Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head (see note)
Tingling in the extremities (see note)
Gum problems, increased bleeding
Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
Osteoporosis (after several years)
Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc. (see note)
All the women I ever knew had all these symptoms. You mean I missed out on somebody?? Oh me, I guess I missed out on Ms. Right. My luck, and now I'm old. :cry:

#17 ·
SheNine said:
My abusive ex drank himself to death at the age of 35. I was not married to him at the time, I'd left years earlier, and had already remarried. He died two months before we came to the States.

Karma is a b!tch, but it always get them in the end...... ;)
My wife's ex husband was an abusive drunk also, he died in his early 40's.
She had already left him and living with me at the time of his death.

G
#20 ·
relationships, are not obligated to make one's life happy! infact, it causes more regrets and remorse than happiness. this is only my 0.2 cents. this person says "I LOVE YOU DARLING'

next day they get into a small arguement and then end up in the big D. I don't need to leave something in the future that will be devastating or useless to society.

G
#21 ·
ccw said:
relationships, are not obligated to make one's life happy! infact, it causes more regrets and remorse than happiness. this is only my 0.2 cents. this person says "I LOVE YOU DARLING'

next day they get into a small arguement and then end up in the big D. I don't need to leave something in the future that will be devastating or useless to society.
***********************************************************************************************

I do not disagree with your right to have this opinion. In fact I felt exactly like you after my failed 25 year marriage to my first wife; I had known her since I was six years old. I never believed that our marriage/friendship would end after 25 years and two fine boys.
After my divorce I resigned myself to the rest of my life as a broken (emotionally, spiritually, literally) divorced man.
Kicking and screaming I agreed to a blind date after two years of single life. It led to a now 16 year marriage that changed my life forever. I discovered UNCONDITIONAL love for the first time. I realized that my wife could be/was my best friend. Our relationship is based on our common faith with God and our Savior, something missing from the first time around. I pray that you will be as fortunate as I.
In God's love,
Chris

G
#23 ·
ccw said:
I'm sorry to hear about that Chris. stuff happens it is ok as long as we stand back on our knees and you've did it man or else you wouldn't be here today:)

take care.
You seem to be wise beyond your years.
I got a late start, ie, too soon old, too late smart. My observation with my two sons, now 35 & 36 is they are light years ahead of where I was at that age. We talked about it last Christmas and they both agreed: life comes at you hard and fast, not sooo sloow and easy as it was back in the fifties. I honestly don't think I could compete with the younger generation.
As you can tell, I don't think the younger generation has gone to hell, just the ones that get hooked on drugs- I didn't have that to contend with- just a little weed now and then. My sons and step daughters, 24 & 28, are all fine individuals. They've made some mistakes.....hell we've all made some. Anybody says different is a fool or a liar, or both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.