National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to shoot 300blk (110,147,200gr) and 5.56 (55gr). For training purposes, what would be the best zeros for each caliber specifically to have holdovers/holdunders that are close to each other? In that way, I could train one set of holds. Maybe that isn't realistic?

·
Aim true !
10,309 Posts
What do you mean by zeros?

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
for hunting?........

some folks use this as a method.... https://www.chuckhawks.com/sight_rifle_mpbr.html
you will have to do the math to learn your point blank range for the various calibers and bullet weights.

many will just sight whatever in 2" high at a hundred and say good enough.....me included......but i am not a rifleman and do not shoot competitions.......

t

·
Aim true !
10,309 Posts
I would set the scope up at 100 yards. Bullet rise/drop for defending against predators will be still in the vitals zone at varied distances within reason.

Reactions: ArthAnsgar

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I sight my rifles at 150 yards. At 100 they are ~+.8" and 200 ~-.8. Each caliber is a little different. Most of my hunting shots fall into that range. If the shot is longer, I use the dots on the BDC reticle and what the Nikon spot on app says.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts