National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on purchasing a wood stock rifle in 6.5 creedmoor here in the next few days. I am still torn in between a few different rifles though, and I am hoping some may have an input. I am leaning hardly toward a Mossberg Patriot Revere, but have considered a few Brownings, Savage’s Axis 2, and some others in the genre. My price range is at around $650 or lower, but will consider anything if they offer substantial characteristics. Thank you for any advice!

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
CZ 557 is worthy of a look. It might be a little higher in price, but it is a quality rifle with a nice hardwood stock.
I have a Savage 10 FCP in 6.5 Crd that shoots consistently under .5 MOA, but it is not a wood stock. The Savage Axis II is a good entry level rifle with accu-trigger; they generally shoot pretty good for the price, and they have a wood stock model.
Welcome to NGF.

· Registered
17,522 Posts
Savage 110 gets the nod from me. They’ve really stepped up their game with the acu-triggers and other refinements that are tough to beat for the money.

I second that. Years ago i had a savage 110 in 243 and actually didn't care for it. From the several i have shot in the past few years and from reading stuff on the web they seem to be really nice and accurate rifles and the prices that i have paid attention to seemed decent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.