National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I live in Boston, Massachusetts and according to many forums I read I have little to no chance of obtaining a LTC A unrestricted. Im in progress of joining a club and completing a Firearm Safety Course. My reasons for applying could obviously be for protection but on the side I live with both my parents because they are both disabled and unable to work, living in a neighborhood that has personal security but is very close to some of the worst neighborhoods around. Can someone with experience shed some light on the likelihood of my approval or tips they can give me to help me in anyway.

Thanks for your time...

· Registered
2,928 Posts
First of all I live in Boston, Massachusetts and according to many forums I read I have little to no chance of obtaining a LTC A unrestricted. Im in progress of joining a club and completing a Firearm Safety Course. My reasons for applying could obviously be for protection but on the side I live with both my parents because they are both disabled and unable to work, living in a neighborhood that has personal security but is very close to some of the worst neighborhoods around. Can someone with experience shed some light on the likelihood of my approval or tips they can give me to help me in anyway.

Thanks for your time...
Mischievous, I saw the post earlier when it came up but I didn't want to answer because I'm not from Mass. In the meantime until someone else with more expertise responds I'll try to help. I'm guessing that LTC stands for Letter to Carry? If not what does it stand for? Is it a generic letter stating the basic reasons why you want to carry, or is it more specific about carrying in Boston? If your looking for a model of a basic request to carry concealed handguns, let me know and I'll try to help. In a little while I'll be going out and off line for the rest of the night. I might have a little time to get back to you. I might have a chance to get back to you later tonight or early tomorrow, but then I'll be off line for few days. Hope I can help, or better yet someone from Boston will beat me to it. Good luck!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ltc

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to licenses to carry, I am aware of the possibility of receiving a restricted class A. Correct me if I am wrong but the main factor they use to determine that is the reasoning behind such request.

· Super Moderator
6,148 Posts
Look to Northeastshooters . com they, for some reason, are all MA people there even though the title says "NORTH EAST". Seems if anything is titled "North East" Massachusetts people thinks its for them and about them, go figure (shakes head). That site is full of MA people who can help you out with the firearm laws of Mass.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look to Northeastshooters . com they, for some reason, are all MA people there even though the title says "NORTH EAST". Seems if anything is titled "North East" Massachusetts people thinks its for them and about them, go figure (shakes head). That site is full of MA people who can help you out with the firearm laws of Mass.
Ok, thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.