National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt 32 Police. I really like the gun but it has some problems. When the trigger is pulled or the hammer is attempted to be cocked it goes almost all the way then stops. I have opened it up a noticed that the problem seems to lie with the little arm the helps rotate the cylinder. when it is opened (side plate off) it works fine. But as soon a I put it back together I run into the previously mentioned problem. Taking it to a gunsmith is out off the question (no money, no time). I'm trying to do this on my own, with the help of my beloved freinds at NGF of course. So I'm askin yall for help. Heres a picture of the gun. I will upload one of it opened up later.

Attachments

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
It's out of time and best fixed by a good gunsmith. I would just hang on to it till I got some extra cash. Even if it took years. Good luck with it.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,138 Posts
The "little arm" is called the hand. It is the weakest part of Colt revolvers.

I await further pictures.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by "the weakest part"? as in I'll break it if i mess with it or most prone to malfuction? and thank you

·
54,138 Posts
Most prone to malfunction, usually through wear. If the hand is entirely the cause of the symptoms you mention, the revolver has been out of time for a while.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it definitly is. With it opened up if i just move the hand out of the way it will function relying on the "little thing on the frame just under the cylinder" to rotate it. However when I put it where it should be, or put the side plate back on, it goes back to its usless state. Do you know of any way to get it "back in time"?

·
54,138 Posts
Colt calls the "little thing on the frame just under the cylinder" the bolt.

Timing a revolver is not a task for the uninitiated. It requires experience to properly accomplish.

Take Baldy's advice.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I think theres more of problem. I've noticed that the cylinder will only rotate counter clock wise nd the arm tries to rotate it clock wise. It will probly just sit in the safe for another five years haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts