National Gun Forum banner

My state is a

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I give Kansas a C. We're trying, but can still stand some tuning on our carry law.

G

·
Ga. Has an open carry, and if a place of business allows a gun inside it has to be open. :-B-:
I gave it an A
just me

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Here in AZ gun rights are pretty much alive and well. Our governor is a democrate, but she tends to be pretty good with pro-gun legislation. More wins than losses. Still would prefer a Vermont style state gun regulations. But considering other states, Arizona is very good.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Oreegon does not accept the Gun Permits from any other state, which is nuts in my book! It doesn't affect me but it makes no sense.

Most of our gun laws are pretty good right now, but the liberal population is growing quickly and that does not bode well for the state they like to call the "Mass of the West!"

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wisconsin gets a C because of our anti-gun, pro-hunting governer.

G

·
Just me said:
Ga. Has an open carry, and if a place of business allows a gun inside it has to be open. :-B-:
I gave it an A
just me
Lived in GA all my life, since 1943. On the back of my CCL it mentions places where you cannot carry, concealed or otherwise. In GA, open carry has been allowed since the State was first allowed into the union. Anyone not prohibited from owning a handgun can strap that sucker on and strut down the street. My dad did just that until he died in 1983.

Exclusions:
schools
public gatherings
churches
places that sell alcohol for consumption on premises
government buildings
publically owned or operated businesses.
Other than those you can carry concealed any other place. Most businesses are privately owned. (example WalMart, Walgreens, J C penny, Sears, etc)

GA also has the Castle Doctrine. If you are threatened, you have NO duty to retreat.
If someone comes to your door with an axe, gun, etc you can shoot his arse through the door. GA earns AAAAAAAAA+++.

This is certified by my son in law, practicing attorney.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
New Mexico is now an "A-". The "minus" is from our lazy legislature allowing Castle Doctrine to die on the vine, last session. We have always had open carry and few restrictions for buying/selling. Since 2005 we have had CCW, which took us seven years to get, but it's here and it's administered fairly.

Our Gov is an AlphaHotel, for the most part, but we don't worry about that 'cause he spends most of his time kissing Hillary's ass so he'll be the first Hispanic VP to the first ********* President. He did and does support CCW and even made a point to qualify for his own license.

Despite being a very "blue" state, we are still Western first and not caught up in the "big state" liberalism, except in a few towns.

G

·
I give Virginia an A. Open carry is permitted. And concealed carry is not that hard to get either. We also have great hunting here but that wasn't part of the rating was it? Garu :?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
gunrnr said:
Despite being a very "blue" state, we are still Western first and not caught up in the "big state" liberalism, except in a few towns.
Hummm...would those be Santa Fe, Albu-Turkey and Los Cruces?

I lived in Belen, Cruces, and outside of Santa Fe (Espanoila) about 20 years ago. (Company I worked for moved me around a lot) New Mexico is one of the better kept secrets of these here United States.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
1 out of 3, Buddy! Santa Fe, Taos and the nuveau-riche parts of Corrales. Las Cruces has always been a fairly conservative town, with the notable exception of the university crowd which is a small minority.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I forgot about Taos and Corrales. Corrales wasn't all that much when I lived in NM.

Some people think I'm nutz, but I loved Cruces!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts