National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the standard full sized Glocks do at the range in competitions? Are they accurate enough to win consistently?

What is your experience?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
A lot of people shoot Glocks in local IDPA & USPSA matches & win with them quite often. Glocks are also the carry weapon of the Kansas Hi-Way Patrol. They are good firearms, but I'm just not a Glock fan. :--- -I

G

·
It is the operator to an extent. The operator is the most important factor but I know that I can shoot a Glock 34 better than I can a Glock 19. If you give a good shooter a normal carry firearm and then give him a match grade from the same manufacturer I would bet money that 9 out of 10 times their shooting improves.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that when I was younger I could have trained to do well with a Glock on the plates and pins, but never in Bullseye competition. My Glocks won't shoot like my Kimber Gold Match or Colt Gold Cup, not even close!

So I suppose to make a Glock competitive you would have to send it off to have it worked on like we did most of the off brands of 1911's back in the 1970's and 1980's.

I have never shot the long slide Glock 34 so I can't comment on its accuracy!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sig232 said:
I think that when I was younger I could have trained to do well with a Glock on the plates and pins, but never in Bullseye competition. My Glocks won't shoot like my Kimber Gold Match or Colt Gold Cup, not even close!

So I suppose to make a Glock competitive you would have to send it off to have it worked on like we did most of the off brands of 1911's back in the 1970's and 1980's.

I have never shot the long slide Glock 34 so I can't comment on its accuracy!
I do see that the model 34 has a 5.32" barrel and a 7.56" sight picture. The website says its for competition.

·
Registered
761 Posts
All I know is that my pistol league doesn't use big bore pistols. .22LR only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts