National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recognize that this is only my 3rd post and a bit bold. Still I will recommend getting rid of the random question on the registration.

It took me two days guessing and being rejected. I also heard today from a British friend who really was having problems. I tried "bologna", "The Deli Counter", "The Butcher Shop", "Hamburger", and "Sausages" without luck. Bottom line I suspect some give up in frustration costing this site members.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I got the question "What is a Marlin?"
I guessed "fish", "a type of fish", "baseball team", "Florida baseball team", and "rifle" before getting it right.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Unfortunatly, we need a question to avoid fpreign spammers and computers from getting right in, and spamming our forums. A question does require an exact match in your answer. We have struggled to find a question that is both easy to get right, but tough enough to keep out unwanted spammers.

BTW, I removed the answers from your post, just so any spammers that cruise through as a guest don't get the answer.

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Took me a few tries as well but all's well that ends well!

--Wag--

·
Knowledge Seeker
1,400 Posts
*blink* Considering the type of Forum this is, you mean to tell me the question is actually HARD for sum? :sosp:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL Stang. What is there is not what I tried and the correct answer was imbedded is several responses, just not verbatim correct.

·
Super Moderator
14,228 Posts
I'm glad I don't remember this part of the registration process.

Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just signed up and had no problems answering the question. At least the one I was asked should be a gimme for any true blooded american.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
We're on probably our eighth or tenth entry question. When we start getting a spate of spammers, it is changed yet again. I'm open to suggestions If the question is too hard or vague. Send them to me VIA PM or EMAIL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts