National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4668 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um...a thread for random photos? Not gun related since there's a dedicated thread for that, but just whatever. Show off your grandkids, pets, surroundings, new shoes, ride, neighbor's crappy parking job, etc., or it doesn't even have to be one you took. Anyhow, if there's a thread like that I'm unaware of already, merge this and point me in the right direction...

...if not, here's the sunset and full moon rise from work shortly ago. Apologies if it's a tad big.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Nice stuff there River

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's a crappy haze picture of downtown Nevada City, Ca in autumn from the top of Sugarloaf mountain trail.

Here's Donner lake and various routes of old US 40 (now I-80) from the snow sheds hiking trail/Pacific Crest Trail. Oldest version is the dirt road in the foreground, 80 is the one furthest back on the last mountain bits to the left of the lake.

And here's Fannette Island in Emerald Bay on Lake Tahoe from the Eagle Lake Falls trail.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For sure. I never get sick of where I live when it comes to the natural environment and small town feel.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Lil W and Hobbit

Attachments

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's the deer story? We used to almost be able to hand feed ours here, but not now. I bought a potter's wheel from some old guy at a deer rehab one time and they'd come right up to him for food and love. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
Navy Vet
2,865 Posts
On this iPad, as far as I know, it is the only way for me to submit photos. I hit "go advanced," put the cursor where I want it, click on the paper clip symbol, then click on "add files," "choose file," click on "photo library," choose the photo I wish to upload, click on it and hit "upload" and the picture pops up in the lower left corner. Then click back on "manage attachments" and it takes me back to my post, I hit "preview post" to check that my text and picture is the way I want it and hit "submit." That's it. This iPad is my only computer.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,324 Posts
This is a couple of pictures i took when me and the wife went for a stroll in the park near by where we used to live. We moved now but we go back there during fall season at least once.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I can see why you still visit. Beautiful.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Niiiiice! Autumn is my favorite season. Thankfully when all the miners migrated this way from back east, they brought a bunch of fall color with them. It's isolated compared to a full forest of color but amazing nonetheless.

There's a place here, Rock Creek Nature Trail, that looks quite a bit like that. It's relatively short, but a great fall hike.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What's the deer story? We used to almost be able to hand feed ours here, but not now. I bought a potter's wheel from some old guy at a deer rehab one time and they'd come right up to him for food and love. It was pretty cool.

It was a runt abandoned by it's mom. We bottle fed it until it could take care of itself, and it just kind of hangs around. That's my oldest daughter in the picture.

1 - 20 of 4668 Posts