National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know the difference between a Mini 14 and a Ranch Rifle, or if there even is a difference ? A freind once told me that if it was stainless it was a ranch rifle and blue was a mini 14, but I have since seen many blued ones with Ranch Rifle stamped on the reciever. Mine is SS and is stamped Ranch Rifle.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I believe they named the mini-14 the ranch rifle and put in the 5 round magazine to keep it from being categorized as an assault weapon by various states. They want it to be known as a predator control weapon not a warrior rifle.

It worked in most areas. I think CA now has it listed as an assault rifle?

·
Registered
241 Posts
you can still buy a mini-14,30 in commiefornia. Cant get that nice new target model with the thumbhole stock though, has to be the houge stock, that apearently makes it not as deadly. Thank god I might have killed myself or went on a shooting rampage if I had the thumbhole stock.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I think the ranch rifle is made to mount a scope to easier.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
the basic Mini 14 is set up like a mini M14 as the name suggests. It has iron sights and no provision for a scope. The Ranch Rifle also has iron sights but the receiver is milled with integral scope mount points intended for Ruger scope rings.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
you can still buy a mini-14,30 in commiefornia. Cant get that nice new target model with the thumbhole stock though, has to be the houge stock, that apearently makes it not as deadly. Thank god I might have killed myself or went on a shooting rampage if I had the thumbhole stock.

Ha! Ha! Damn near spilled my coffee on that one.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
The standard (non ranch) Mini-14 is no longer manufactured. All new Mini-14 rifles have built-in Ruger scope mounts and come with Ruger scope rings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts