National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here rabbit hunt? I used to have a couple good beagles that I loved to hear run but I gave them to a hunting buddy a couple years ago. I still go out with him every once in a while but no longer have time to hunt/train dogs of my own. If anyone has any post some pictures of your dogs in action.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Hunt rabbits, but without dogs. Never hunted behind dogs before for anything.

G

·
It is a lot of fun hunting with dogs. I never had any beagles of my own, but have hunted with friends that did. It is a lot less work than kicking up a rabbit on your own! Nowadays, I usually only kill a rabbit when it happens to be out while squirrel hunting and both seasons are in. The thing is, I would rather eat rabbit than any other wild game, but I probably go hunting specifically for rabbit less than any other.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I don't know anyone who has hunting dogs so that's why I never had the chance to go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had a chance no, "honor" to go pheasant hunting with a friends uncle. He had 2 German short hairs (male and female) that were whistle trained. I would without a doubt rate it my number one all time hunting experience. When they got on point it was a Kodak moment. I could go on but, my words can't describe it... "no camera"...:mad2:

But, back to OP... Iowa is rabbit heaven. My grandma's hasenpfeffer stew would bring tears to your eyes. I live in town and they're thick.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
My father used to tell me a story.
Guess dad was visiting his family; before my time.
Anyway.
His father had some beagles that would run the rabbits for fun on a regular basis.
Grandpa would set on the porch and listen.
One day dad decided he would take advantage of the dogs and bag a rabbit for the table.
So he shot the rabbit and the dogs lost there minds (guess it nearly ruined them).
Dad asked Grandpa what went wrong.
Grandpa said the dogs had never seen a rabbit killed:)
Grandpa never hunted with them; he just enjoyed hearing them doing there thing.

·
land of the free so far.
281 Posts
cleaning a bun bun.

tried cleaning a bunny didn't work.
Any tipps on how to clean one???

·
land of the free so far.
281 Posts
is there any one from MN.?

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Grab the fur by behind the head and tear it off till the head is left and some on the feet .Cut the feet off and twist the head off, make a slice stem to stern and swing it like a baseball bat at your buddies. takes less than a minute. lol

·
land of the free so far.
281 Posts
haha thanks buddy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts