National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay, Im a lefty :!: (sounds like an intro to a AA meeting!!) I own shotguns and rifles meant for righthand shooters except my Browning U/O and My Rem 870SXS which have neutral cast,but My Rem 870SXS is meant for them... ever had an empty eject past your face? Leftys know,or a Bolt action made for them Its a Pain in the Arse! and have you seen the extra they add on to the price of a Lefthanded Weapon? Leftys if you got an opinion Stand Up And Be Counted :!: ;) :cool:
Quote "Thorin"
GOD MADE EVERYONE RIGHTHANDED THE TRULY GIFTED OVER CAME IT!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
The lefty is the sign of the devil! ;)

I am right handed
If there was one person on this Forum that would Find Me out I knew it was gonna be "Gunny" :twisted: :!:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a lefty. I've learned to deal with a right-handed firearms world. I don't mind brass shooting across my face and frankly, don't even notice it anymore.

I figured it was far easier to comply with the majority than to spend gobs of money to find and procure left-handed firearms.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spanielsells said:
I'm a lefty. I've learned to deal with a right-handed firearms world. I don't mind brass shooting across my face and frankly, don't even notice it anymore.

I figured it was far easier to comply with the majority than to spend gobs of money to find and procure left-handed firearms.
"spanielsells" hows it! have U ever used a gun with an offset stock? dont you hate it when the stock offsets away from U? or what about boltactions(Shot or Rifle)...Here ur only talkin bout $300.00 difference in price between them Whats your thoughts. ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
truely, really lefty, right-winger
am 56 years old
(to answer the other thread)

moved to alaska, 5 years ago, so now i am fishing, with sidearm
and a beartag in my pocket
had to learn to shoot all over again
(ya mean i gotta hit something?)

but, alas, my left eye has a cataract, half done
(gonna get it fixed)
and my left hand is worn out with carpal tunnel
(gonna retire)
so my buddy says, let's shoot skeet
(alaska is world's biggest skeet range)
haven't shot skeet since my uncle's lefty pumpgun
(cousin has it)
so what the heck, right handed it is
sight picture is all
if you can see it, you can hit it
i was amazed!
i can shoot righty and hit skeet!
been shooting the 1911 righty all along
super redhawk lefty, but right eyed
just keep shooting

practice practice practice
as the new bride said:
you can get used to anything
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eXXit said:
spanielsells said:
I'm a lefty. I've learned to deal with a right-handed firearms world. I don't mind brass shooting across my face and frankly, don't even notice it anymore.

I figured it was far easier to comply with the majority than to spend gobs of money to find and procure left-handed firearms.
"spanielsells" hows it! have U ever used a gun with an offset stock? dont you hate it when the stock offsets away from U? or what about boltactions(Shot or Rifle)...Here ur only talkin bout $300.00 difference in price between them Whats your thoughts. ;)
Never used a bolt action, and I've not used an offset stock.

The only firearm I ever wound up in a problematic situation was when I had a Lorcin L380 POS. It was used as a last chance defense gun under the seat of my car. Was molded for a rigthie, but I figured if someone stuck their head in my window, it wouldn't matter.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ur right on that on Dude,at that range it aint gonna matter! but why have a stock at all if thats the case...if so why not go folder? ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All of my firearms are meant for righties except my NE brake 12 ga (all semi's or pump). I've never had any issues shooting any of them. The only rifles I've had issues with were a 1970's vintage Winchester 94 and a Marlin 336. The Win ejected shells right into my forehead and the Marlin liked kicking them into the bend of my right elbow. Other than that, no major issues shooting right handed weapons.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
catpealer said:
All of my firearms are meant for righties except my NE brake 12 ga (all semi's or pump). I've never had any issues shooting any of them. The only rifles I've had issues with were a 1970's vintage Winchester 94 and a Marlin 336. The Win ejected shells right into my forehead and the Marlin liked kicking them into the bend of my right elbow. Other than that, no major issues shooting right handed weapons.
HaHa! told ya the righthanders have it to easy Thanx Dude ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,424 Posts
Sorry, eXXit, I hadn't seen this thread the first time around. Damn right, I'm a LEFTY! I've been functioning well in this bass-ackward world all these yrs with only one LEFTY gun that worked for me, my early-80s Rem 870 Wingmaster. Unfortunately, that gun, which I had made into a great patrol SG with an 18.125" bbl and extended mag, was stolen a long time ago and I was never able to find a replacement.

I have tried using a left-handed bolt gun, but never quite got used to it so I sold it. No matter, I still outshoot most of the young'uns with my righty Winchester .308.

Hey Gunny, Only LEFTIES are in their RIGHT mind!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,424 Posts
I guess mostly "muscle memory". I'd been shooting a right-handed rifle for so long that despite practicing quite a bit with the lefty, I still felt damn near spastic. That affects accuracy, as well, because it created a distraction instead of just flowing with the routine.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good point,Im the same with "SouthPaws" but I thought it was just me! I,ve got used to pulling the bolt with my right hand to.

N.E one else got something to add :?:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top