National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Dethlokk said:
You've probably seen these things in movies, holsters that extend the gun from the lower forearm into the hand, using a spring-loaded or momentum-driven rail system. So all it takes is a quick flick of the wrist, and there's suddenly a gun in your hand! If you've ever seen Taxi Driver, the character Travis Bickle fabricates one with what appears to be the slider of a desk drawer. What I was wondering is, do they actually make them or are they just a movie prop? How do they work? Where can I buy one?
This link provided earlier has some good western fast draw rigs:

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

G

·
no they dont make them. some people might have ones but it makes absolutely no difference for speed. if it did the top ipsc shooters would use them... and they dont.

G

·
leeindy said:
no they dont make them. some people might have ones but it makes absolutely no difference for speed. if it did the top ipsc shooters would use them... and they dont.
When I competed, IPSC holsters had to be attached to the belt, which is not what the OP is talking about at all. I don't think the IPSC comparison is relevant since the rules of that game require a belt holster - though I don't think the "Travis Bickle" forearm holster is practical.

Serious people mainly use belt holsters, whether inside or outside the belt. Some use pocket or ankle holsters, and a few choose shoulder holsters. Over the years these have proven to be the most useful ways of carrying guns.

I work in the holster industry when not deployed, and I've never heard of anyone manufacturing one for real-world use.

G

·
leeindy said:
I think its more of a gimmick than anything else........Didnt that Guy in Red Heat have one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts