National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Recently, my father purchased himself and I Mosin Nagants for hunting. My mother (his recently ex-wife) is now suing him for 'endangering me' by purchasing me a gun. (Among other erroneous things.) There aren't any kind of legal grounds to this, are there? I can't possibly imagine that there are. Should I avoid saying anything around her in particular that could possibly lead to any legal repercussions for my father? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
14,344 Posts
Ok, it appears that you have a problem that is not your problem. Legally? You're going to have to pay a lawyer to tell you that for sure. But, like I said, not your problem.

What I do know though is this. You only have one Mother, and you'll always have only one mother. Love her, honor her and cherish her like one of the most valuable things you will ever have in your life. You only have one father, and you'll always have only one father. Love him, honor him and do those things that will make him proud for your whole life.

They evidently have a thing going. You don't have to choose sides. You can choose to do what you choose to do when you are of age. Until then the grownups are going to do their thing and you've just got to remember that they are still your mother and father.

I hope it works out for you.

Alan

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well I`d attempt to talk with mom tell her you enjoy shooting and hunting...and take it from there

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Definitely a tough time for you. Prehaps your mom genuinely is concerned about the safety aspect and that needs to be discussed. McDaniel Jr said it perfect and hopefully thing will work out for you soon.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
a lawsuit is a civil matter..............excuses are being made........and you may get treated as a pawn.

tell the truth if compelled to testify......do not be manipulated by either side......read carefully whatever is put in front of you before you choose to sign it.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Which state do you reside in??

Alan gave you some excellent advice. No matter whose side you take, you will end up being the real loser. Just do your best to love them both and stay above the fray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts