National Gun Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Solid gun, not a speck of rust anywhere. not dings cracks or anything. The bore has a good shine, a little dusty though. As far as I know the guy rebuilt and blue it and everything then never shot it. was made 1924 from the serial I believe... And feed back about the value, If you think it could be shot regularly without hurting the value, or should I carefully lock it a vault in the basement and then quickly take out a 500,000 dollar insurance policy on it lol

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Insurance on your guns is always a good idea but you may find that the deductible on that gun is probably the full $500. I always tell people the same thing buying used, unless you are well versed enough to know what you are looking for, let a quality gunsmith look it over for safety and functionality before shooting it. You never know if there was something wrong with it and that’s why it was sold. A lot of folks with no conscience out there.

Congrats on the gun. It’s always a win when you find your personal treasure and get to take it home.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks, and yes, personally I did not wont it for the money. I was looking for a shooter, and when I saw that this one was in factory mint condition I was wondering if it was better to not shoot it and just save it, and let it go up in value, and then pass it on to my kids one day...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If any other of you guys have input on the value or what I should do next with the gun, please chime in

·
Aim true !
10,550 Posts
Very nice. You did well. (y)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That means a lot from a professional like you! thanks! So then you would say that 600$ was a good price? or is that closer to full retail? though, like I said, I wonted it for shooting. not to resell. So the only reason I care about the value is just to find out if I got ripped off or not and if it will hold its value, I think it will? from the search I've done on the '97 over the past year... Correct me if I'm wrong on this. :unsure:

·
Aim true !
10,550 Posts
Join the NRA. Part of the benefits of being a member is free 1000.00 or 1500.00 insurance. I forget the exact amount. But it is at least 1k. gun insurance.

·
Aim true !
10,550 Posts
It goes toward what ever guns you have. The way i look at it. It covers my deductible on my contents /home owners insurance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here's a more professional photo I took of that 1897 with my Petta 1860 Army revolver. pretty good set, right? (I may post other photos soon, I'm planning to do a 'photo shoot' with it and get some really nice pictures. I love photography.)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts