National Gun Forum banner

Question for Sig owners ... .

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  32 Magnum 
G
#1 ·
My buddy since childhood has been asking me about Sigs - I've only shot a few of them,
usually at our range (rentals/free to members) - and I was wondering if there is anything
that anyone doesn't like about Sigs?

How about reasons TO buy one?

I plan to take him to the range to try out various brands.

Curious: Any of you who own Sigs, buy a new Sig without having first fired one?
:cool:

#2 ·
I have a Sig 232 in 380 that I truly love. Its light, nice lines, very accurate and fills the hands nicely. One of the best autos for the gals that they ever made.

I also have a 245 in 45 acp. Its a double action also and very accurate. A bit blocky but made with Rolex quality and easy to shoot. I like the full size 220 in 45 acp and the 226 which comes in 9mm, 40 cal, and 357sig. You can't go wrong with a Sig, if you can afford to put up the price. They ain't cheap.

#3 ·
I bought a used 226 several years ago, I think it was a cop gun, because of the nature of the wear. Double action trigger pull is heavy, but not too bad, single action is down right nice. Mine is 9mm and shoots very well.The grip is a little chubby and takes some getting used too. Also, you need to use a traditional revolver-type grip on it to keep from inadvertently activating the slide stop with your left thumb. Quality is very good on sigs, I have a buddy that is fixing to get one of the new 1911's and I CANT WAIT to get to shoot it.

#5 ·
I traded in a Ruger KP944DC and a Ruger P85 for a SIG P229 with both the .40 S&W barrel and the 357 Sig barrel. While I didn't fire it before buying it, I asked permission from the smith selling it to dry fire it first. The trigger difference between it and the Rugers pulls convinced me to make the trade.

#6 ·
I have a SIGARMS PRO 2340, with both .40S&W and .357SIG barrels and an early production SIGARMS GSR 1911 clone. I had some problems with the GSR first time out - the little spanner screw on the right side of the slide which holds the firing pin blocking safety in place - backed out and the fp safety plunger and spring fell out on the ground during recoil. I called them, they faxed me a shipping label, I sent the gun back, they repaired the problem and did a factory custom trigger job - no cost - for my trouble. Both are excellently fit and finished and both are (now) very accurate and reliable. GOOD SERVICE is important and SIGARMS USA provided that to me.

#7 ·
That's good to know, 32 Magnum. I have a Sig XO 1911 that I am still trying to smooth out a bit. I haven't fired it much. Say, I enjoy your posts and the feedback that you provide. It is very valuable to me, as is all the feedback I receive on this forum by the others. zipperzap, sorry I got off subject. I have heard only good things about Sig, except that on some of the earlier 1911's, they had some feeding problems. That's all.:i: :-B-: -I

#10 ·
It is interesting to note, that at the indoor range that I belong to they don't allow the use of magnums since its close to a residential area. When I take in my Glock 32 in 357 sig and fire it, members will look at me in a strange way since it has the speed that approaches a 357 mag. Its loud and darn fast!

I always had the feeling that for woods protection against a Cougar a 357 sig would be a good choice. It hits hard and expands to a big hole.

#13 ·
We have 3 Sigs. I wouldn't buy any handgun without first firing one. You just have to shoot it to know if you are going to like it.

Having said that, I recently shot a 220 and now looking around for one. Kinda hard to convince my wife seeing that I just bought a Springfield TRP a couple of months ago.

:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.