National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey got a question about an old gun safe I have. It has no name on it but is super well built and made. But im trying to figure out if it has a relocking device and cant tell. The pics ive seen on google they all have some spring loaded device and this doesnt. Want to get another safe if this one does not. Thanks in advance for help

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
You can replace the inner workings with a Sargent & Greenleaf model, that has a relocker.

Reactions: Caper

· Registered
4,404 Posts
My first post was on my ph. Not an expert by any means but your safe does not appear to have a relocking mechanism. It doesn't have to be spring loaded it can be gravity feed. Relockers generally drop an obstruction in a notch in the bolt operating mechanism to prevent it from opening and I don't see anything like that.

I don't know how much you want to spend but you could probably replace the whole lock assy as suggested or there are add on relockers you can install. It could get pricey. You could probably get a Chinese off brand safe for a few hundred dollars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.