National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for me at 18 in NY state to purchase and own a shotgun? If so how would I go about doing so?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,084 Posts
Dunno for sure. I know you can in California.

How do you go about doing it? Go to your friendly neighborhood gun store. Pick the shotgun you want. Put your money down. Complete the background check, etc., etc.

·
Genius in Training
515 Posts
I don't doubt that you would be aloud to buy it but I'm not sure if you have to register it or anything like that. Need to check your local and state laws for that part.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Every State is different and in New York each County is different. The fast easy way to find out is call a local gun dealer. A more through way is call the State Attorney Office in your county and ask them.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Yes you can. Just go to a gun shop, fill out the paperwork, wait for the background check and it's yours.....after you pay for it of course and providing you pass the background check. if you live in NYC it may be a whole different game and i think there might be some other cities that have their own rules too. Albany has/had some of their own rules regarding some long guns unless it's changed. It may have been "assault rifle" registration which is the whole state now anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts